What's new

My views about the Passage RDA.

I think you're always going to be on a loser when you can't fine tune the airflow. Having the option of 1, 2 or 3 holes is too limiting. I can't think of any dual coil RDA I enjoy vaping fully open - and the one hole open combined with the internal honeycomb inlets would rule out the one hole option for me. So, for me it would be two holes or nothing then I'd try to 'fine tune' it by experimenting with different sized coils. I don't think it's worth the hassle as there are other RDAs that aren't finnicky. I thought the 1, 2, 3 airflow on the OG Goon was a bit shit and preferred the fully adjustable cyclops style on the 1.5. But I think I'm on my own on that one lol.

I think it's the curse of innovation. Without it nothing changes, but with it some designers will release stuff that they already know is a bit shit. Kind of a yes, I know it's a bit shit, but it's different, so people will probably buy thing going on..

To be honest, if it wasn't for the Hellvape name and the fact that I'm enjoying their Dead Rabbit 3, (which I'm currently vaping at this monent) I probably wouldn't have even looked at this RDA. I watched Mike Vapes review on YT and trusted his opinion. I've genrally found his reviews pretty good but this time obviously wasn't his best judgement.

To be fair I prefer my single coil RDA’s with my favourites being the DPRO Mini and the Wotofo Elder Dragon for which I am looking for one in blue. They are real little flavour bangers that don’t need high wattages to get a good vape and are perfect for single battery squonk mods like the Hotcig RSQ etc, unfortunately they are very hard to find these days. The reason why I was considering a dual coil RDA is because I recently bought a Topside Dual squonk mod and thought something a little larger would be better suited but I might just use my original Recurve RDA on it for now until something I like comes along.

I'm actually waiting for Royal Mail who have a new Topside Dual for me when they get here.

Apologies @MarylinC37 :( I have got totally muddled up by now, so could you just run it past me about what Coils you prefer and what their id is, also your preferred Wattage?
I'm suspecting that your preferred style of build and Power used will exclude most of what I thought of as being possible contenders though, hence the questions :)

Hi @Rob

On this particular Passage RDA I went with a pair of 3mm 0.3ohm framed staples (shown below) which is all I had for a dual coil deck. I had to go up to 67W on this RDA as the flavour was too weak below that.

Passage-RDA03.jpg

Actually though the build I've enjoyed the most, by far, is winding my own 4mm single coils from a spool of framed staple wire and then opening them up to create about a 1mm space between the wraps. They ohm out around 0.35 and I've used this both on my Blotto RTA and also the Dead Rabbit RDA I'm vaping now and I absolutely love the flavour and cloud density I'm getting from this coil. Not only that but I never have to go above 45W which slows down gunk build up so the builds also last longer and the spaced wraps allows the airflow to pick up more juice which has made a big difference to the flavour.

The wire spools are these.

Ni80.jpg

Last edited:
I think you`ll enjoy the topside, but beware the battery door can be a bitch to open once loaded with batteries, or at least mine was, my tip would be to try loading / unloading some batteries before juicing up and vaping on it, until you get the knack, or you may be lucky and not have the problem.

I think you`ll enjoy the topside, but beware the battery door can be a bitch to open once loaded with batteries, or at least mine was, my tip would be to try loading / unloading some batteries before juicing up and vaping on it, until you get the knack, or you may be lucky and not have the problem.

Thanks @vapervince . :)

I may have misunderstood but I think I might have seen somewhere that they'd addressed the issue with the battery door but I'll find out when it gets here. According to Royal Mail tracker they're going to deliver it on 11th November (3 days ago) and it hasn't arrived yet. Just the kind of efficiency I expect from RM. :)

Thanks @vapervince . :)

I may have misunderstood but I think I might have seen somewhere that they'd addressed the issue with the battery door but I'll find out when it gets here. According to Royal Mail tracker they're going to deliver it on 11th November (3 days ago) and it hasn't arrived yet. Just the kind of efficiency I expect from RM. :)
I bought mine from the Legion Of Vapers and if I remember correctly they said that the battery door issue had been addressed on that particular model, it was the ones with the fancy paintwork.

I`m not alluding to a fault with the battery door, it`s just that on mine the press and slide unlatching is stiff in operation, even after months of use.

I bought mine from the Legion Of Vapers and if I remember correctly they said that the battery door issue had been addressed on that particular model, it was the ones with the fancy paintwork.

I was about to order mine from Legion of Vapers but I left it a few days while of was waiting for a couple of other things to arrive and when I went back they were completely out of stock of every colour so I found it on UK Vape Kings and bought via their ebay listing.

I`m not alluding to a fault with the battery door, it`s just that on mine the press and slide unlatching is stiff in operation, even after months of use.

I think it was a couple of YT reviewers who mentioned an issue with the battery door. I can see why Dovpo designed the door like that but the latch could be better although it's working well enough at the moment while it's new so hepofully it will keep going..

I know you’re not mate, even though the issue is supposed to have been fixed I still think care needs to be taken with it when opening and closing so as not to wear the catch out.

Back
Top Bottom