What's new

which new mod should i get?

I really like them, lightweight and solid, and nice to hold. I even prefer the small screen over the newer version. I'm finding it really hard not to buy one at that price, even though the last thing I need is yet another mod.
Does it have the Ft and Smart mode of the newer mods?

Pass... I don't really get involved in such shenanegans. Set it to 10w and I'm done. :)

There was some kind of smart mode on it, but not sure if it's the same as the later models.

The menu is-

Pulse Mode
Power Eco
Smart TC
DIY mode.

DIY mode includes VW Soft, Normal, Hard, TC for SS, NI, TI and TCR, Variable Voltage, VW Power Curves, Bypass and SP (a mode that allows you to fire very low ohm coils). It also has a Smart auto wattage selection that can be switched on/off in the settings.

No - it doesn't have Ft and I don't know if the Smart mode is the same as on later mods. I only use VW Normal - and if you're a regular wattage vaper it's as good as any later mod IMO.

The menu is-

Pulse Mode
Power Eco
Smart TC
DIY mode.

DIY mode includes VW Soft, Normal, Hard, TC for SS, NI, TI and TCR, Variable Voltage, VW Power Curves, Bypass and SP (a mode that allows you to fire very low ohm coils). It also has a Smart auto wattage selection that can be switched on/off in the settings.

No - it doesn't have Ft and I don't know if the Smart mode is the same as on later mods. I only use VW Normal - and if you're a regular wattage vaper it's as good as any later mod IMO.
Thanks for the info. I don't know what the Ft and Smart mode really do, but there must be some kind of temp control in it. I really notice the difference between using an Itank on a Vaporesso with it, and using it at the same wattage on a mod without it. I've really found my sweet spot with the new Vaporesso mods using it with an Itank.

Thanks for the info. I don't know what the Ft and Smart mode really do, but there must be some kind of temp control in it. I really notice the difference between using an Itank on a Vaporesso with it, and using it at the same wattage on a mod without it. I've really found my sweet spot with the new Vaporesso mods using it with an Itank.

The standard Smart mode reads the resistance of the coil and automatically adjusts the wattage to avoid burning out the coil. However, it will be geared up to tailor the wattage to suit the particular range of coils that were used in the stock coil tank that came with the mod in kit form. If you use a different tank using different coils isn't guaranteed to send the 'correct' wattage - it will just measure the resistance, try to identify which Vaporesso stock coil it is and send the suggested wattage for the closest resistance stock coil in the Vaporesso range that were supplied with the kit. I haven't used stock coils for years so I turn off Smart Wattage.

I believe the Smart TC checks the coil material by sending a pulse of power to the coil, checks any variation in resistance to identify what material it is made of and selects the appropriate TC mode or switches to Wattage/Pulse or similar non TC mode. I seem to remember reviewers said it could accurately detect 'TC' wires and reject 'non TC' wires. Out of curiosity I've just tried fitting a Le Supersonic RDA that I know has a ss roundwire coil fitted to the OG Gen 220 and the Gen X 220 that also has Smart TC but is a slighTly more recent board. Both identified it as a TC wire, read it as 0.45 ohms and set the temp at 400F. So I assumed it recognised it, but the display remained as STC - it didn't state SS and I had no idea what Wattage was being applied. I then tried Dvarw DL RTA that I knew had a non-TC Ni80 fused clapton build. The OG Gen 220 did not identify it as a non TC wire which was a problem - generally I'll vape the Dvarw with that build at around 45 Watts. Because there was no info on the screen showing the wattage applied I have no idea how much power was being sent to the coil or what material the board thought the coil was made of -it didn't get hot so it was obviously below the 45 Watt limit but it seemed like a regular Wattage vape to me. The Gen X 220 identified it as a non TC wire and switched to Pulse mode. Personally I wouldn't trust the Smart TC mode and if I wanted to vape TC would use the regular TC mode so I could select the wattage in addition to the temp. Not having a clue what type of wire the mod thinks it is also isn't very reassuring, particularly as the OG Gen thought the Ni80 coil in the Dvarw was a TC wire

Can't figure out what Ft is for - apparently it fires at constantly changing voltages. Don't know why - I'm guessing it is some kind of refinement of the earlier Pulse mode. Never used it personally, but I suspect it's another mode to be used with Vaporesso coils along with the Smart function.

Back
Top Bottom