What's new

DL Vapers - How Good Are Stock Coils These Days?!?

Never had any luck with Voopoo Gear especially the PNP Coils, I think i was once lucky with one and got almost a week out of one.

I don't think clouds always mean decent flavour, i have had shite liquid that tasted horrid but gave massive clouds. I tend to find MTL better for flavour with very little clouds. In your defence i have had DL Liquid that has tasted nice but that has always been with Mesh.
I use a lot of the pnp coils and always found them to be very good. I do vape mine below the minimum recommended wattage as that suits my longer draw. When I tried the pnp-x coils that come with the Drag S2/X2 and the new Argus 2 i was surprised that they perform even better.

for someone that has never built a coil in my life i cant compare but for the past 9 years the stand outs for me have been:
uwell crown 0.25 which were my standard for at least 6 years and still got around 45 left.
crown 2/rafaele not so good.
Then came the Freemax mesh pro and its mahoosive coils. excellent flavour but the tanks tend to leak which let them down but back then this took the top spot for flavour.
more upto date, geekvape zeus. 0.2 was my go to but they started lacking a couple years back and only lasted 4-5 days so i tried 0.15 but the same. thankfully they released a XM 0.15 and thats brought the zeus back to life and the xm coils last double the time.
Now the firm fave and my tank of the year vaperesso and itank and itank 2. the GTi coils are fab and give some of the best flavour from any stock coil. before that was the GTX coils which were great as well.
inbetween all that there were at least another 30 makes of coils that didnt deserve a mention.

I'm firmly in the don't know category as I haven't used stock coils for over 5 years.

Wherever possible I don't buy kits and prefer to wait until mods are available for sale - the last new kit I bought was a Vaporesso Gen X kit that was being sold cheap. However, this was basically a 4 year old mod and the tank that came with it was even older and used Smok Baby Beast sized coils. Although I've found Vaporesso coils to be better than Smok equivalents, even though one coil was mesh, it was still a 5 year old coil design and probably not a good representation of the current generation coils - as it was a 2ml TPD tank I didn't bother vaping on it and threw the tank and coils in a tupperware box with my other old stock coilers for the sad day when my hands are too shaky to build.

Although I found mesh stock coils to give far better flavour than the oldie worldie round wire jobs from circa '17 I wasn't quite so impressed by the cooler vape and found rebuildables better, not specifically for the flavour, although they were definitely better - but mainly for the warmer vape from complex wires in DL rebuildables. When I did vape DL mesh stock coils I found myself pushing the wattage because of the cooler vape which resulted in early coil demise - and of course they absolutely swilled juice.

To be quite blunt I've never liked the cooler vape of any mesh, stock coil or rebuildable - except when the temperature is above 30C outdoors, which tends to be for about a week or two every other year. In these short spells I dig out my Nest RDA and enjoy a flavoursome cool vape - but for the rest of the year it stays on the shelf where it belongs.

I'm sure they will have improved over the last 5 years - but I still suspect they'll provide a cold vape and swill juice so I'll continue to avoid them until I have no other choice.

Mesh DL stock coils have more flavour and give out.more vapour than rebuildable mesh imo. I use rebuildable mesh pretty much all the time now and like the cooler vape. I also like the cooler vape of mesh stock coils but prefer the customisation I can have when building and wicking my own because I tend to vape at a lower wattage than the recommended.

I also prefer more complex coils when I'm using wire as well, to get the flavour mesh gives so still much prefer an RTA over stockcoils that tend to be all mesh now.

Never had any luck with Voopoo Gear especially the PNP Coils, I think i was once lucky with one and got almost a week out of one.

I don't think clouds always mean decent flavour, i have had shite liquid that tasted horrid but gave massive clouds. I tend to find MTL better for flavour with very little clouds. In your defence i have had DL Liquid that has tasted nice but that has always been with Mesh.
A shite liquid is always going to give a shite flavour, but rich, thick clouds from a good juice will always give a superior flavour, to my taste at least. The current set up in my hand is set at 42 watt for indoor use but I know that if outdoors I could increase the power and get a cloudier but tastier vape.

Back
Top Bottom