What's new

DL Vapers - How Good Are Stock Coils These Days?!?

ZenAnarchi

Achiever
ARE DL STOCK COILS AS GOOD AS REBUILDABLES?!? :hmm:

For those of you that have read my posts before know, I’m a mtl vaper. In fact it’s been 3-4 years since I vaped either a dual coil rda or a stock coil DL tank. What I do remember was that stock coils from the likes of Vaporesso and Freemax were okay, but nothing to write home about :19: But when I got my Asgard Mini just write, it was pretty impressive flavor :drool: This is still the case with mtl stock coils…even the best of them can’t measure up to my fav rta on temp control, imo.

However, in the last 6-12 months, I’ve been hearing good things about the new generation of coils from Vaporesso. There have been a lot of apes that swear by them :ape: Then I read the two reviews, by @Tazz and @Gitchy resp., https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...mods/threads/vaporesso-armour-max-kit.237659/ and
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...mods/threads/freemax-maxus-2-200w-kit.237582/

It really got me wondering:
Are stock coils for DL as tasty as a rebuildable these days? I know it’s considerably cheaper to build your own, but if you don’t mind spending the money, is there still a point to building a DL atty?

So when you want to fog up a room, do you choose a 0.15ohm stock coiler, or do you break out the fralien triple fused ladder coils and your favorite rda/rta?

giphy.gif

Not every DTL/RDTL vaper is a cloud chaser. I couldn't care less about clouds. I love the Vaporesso GTI 0.2 coil in the ITank 2 for the saturated flavour it gives. With a nice liquid, you can almost chew the vape.
I used to use RTA's years ago, but there were no diy mesh coils in those days. I don't think a round wire coil can beat a vertical mesh coil for the type of warm, saturated, full of flavour vape i want.

Not every DTL/RDTL vaper is a cloud chaser. I couldn't care less about clouds. I love the Vaporesso GTI 0.2 coil in the ITank 2 for the saturated flavour it gives. With a nice liquid, you can almost chew the vape.
I used to use RTA's years ago, but there were no diy mesh coils in those days. I don't think a round wire coil can beat a vertical mesh coil for the type of warm, saturated, full of flavour vape i want.
The Cloud Chasers bit was tongue in cheek, but I’ve changed it ;)

I think i have only used 3 Different Brands in almost 4 years vaping. The 1st ones i used were Smok, i can't remember which ones but i think they were baby beast that came with a Smok Kit i had, never bought anymore of them so can't be that good, Next was the Augvape Intake, i found the coils excellent and they lasted quite well, i think it's my favourite stock coil tank after the Cascade Tank by Vaporesso, i think the Cascade used the GTM Coils,they are massive compared to most Coils but flavour and longevity was excellent, 100ml per Coil was quite normal but it did drink juice for fun. Was also a fan of the GTX Coils but they didn't seem to last nearly as long as the Intake or Cascade. I do use the GTX 1.2 Coils for MTL and the Flavour and Longevity is outstanding, but we aint after info on them and i thought i would just toss in how good they are.

GTI coils (specifically the 0.2) are as good as any rebuildable I've tried. They're just too pricey to be a daily option for me as the liquids I vape burn them out too quickly.

Personally, I've got no idea at all how good stock coils are these days. Don't use them. Got no interest in ever going back to them.

We all have our own preferences about what kind of vape we like in terms of flavour and vapour production. With stock coils you get a limited choice of coils and the performance is fixed so you have very limited choice in being able to change anything.

RBA's are just way more fun. You can tinker, you can make little changes and experiment and get the performance exactly the way you like it.

Not only that but I don't have to run a stock coil until it's all burnt up to get the cost value out of it. I can change my cotton as often as I want because it's so cheap so the flavour quality is always top notch. No stock coil is ever going to be able to match that IMO.

The new Voopoo PnP-X coils give great results. Very flavourful and lots of vapour. I've been using the 0.15ohm pnp-x coil in my new Drag X2 pod for the last couple of weeks and it's on par performance wise with my RTAs. I'm currently at 2374 puffs on the same coil with no loss of flavour or vapour.

Last edited:
The coils that came with my vaporesso pod are very tasty, but seeing as I only use it as a carry about kit I haven`t had the need to change one yet, for comparison my adv is an asgard mini with dual fused claptons reading 0.16 ohms and with the afc fully open I can honestly say that that is the tastiest configuration that I`ve ever tried with the juices that I prefer. I`ve always equated volume of vape (cloud) with the level of flavour, but I`m not a cloud chaser, it`s more a necessary evil, and to that end I have a number of voopoo stock coilers that i use for indoors, a number of blotto max that I use indoors when there are people in that dont mind vape and I have a number of squonkers with rda`s that I vape either in my room or when no one`s about, I spend quite a bit of time in my room.

The new Voopoo PnP-X coils give great results. Very flavourful and lots of vapour. I've been using the 0.15ohm pnp-x coil in my new Drag X2 pod for the last couple of weeks and it's on par performance wise with my RTAs. I'm currently at 2374 puffs on the same coil with no loss of flavour or vapour.

Never had any luck with Voopoo Gear especially the PNP Coils, I think i was once lucky with one and got almost a week out of one.

The coils that came with my vaporesso pod are very tasty, but seeing as I only use it as a carry about kit I haven`t had the need to change one yet, for comparison my adv is an asgard mini with dual fused claptons reading 0.16 ohms and with the afc fully open I can honestly say that that is the tastiest configuration that I`ve ever tried with the juices that I prefer. I`ve always equated volume of vape (cloud) with the level of flavour, but I`m not a cloud chaser, it`s more a necessary evil, and to that end I have a number of voopoo stock coilers that i use for indoors, a number of blotto max that I use indoors when there are people in that dont mind vape and I have a number of squonkers with rda`s that I vape either in my room or when no one`s about, I spend quite a bit of time in my room.

I don't think clouds always mean decent flavour, i have had shite liquid that tasted horrid but gave massive clouds. I tend to find MTL better for flavour with very little clouds. In your defence i have had DL Liquid that has tasted nice but that has always been with Mesh.

Using the 0.15 ohm DotCoils in the DotTank 25mm, it's pretty good. 470F as it's SS mesh.

Back
Top Bottom