What's new

Really pleased I got over my snobbery and tried out some pods !

I have one of these and they're not bad, if a little bit fiddly. I'll be honest with you though, it's nowhere near as good as the stock GTX coils.

I'm not sure what kind of witch-craft Vaporesso have going on but their stock coils/pods (GTI, GTX, XROS) provide just as good flavour as any RTA that I've tried.

It's mostly a cost thing for me though. I can buy a few months supply of mesh strips, pre-made coils and cotton for the price of a 5 packs of stock coils or pods.
:) Now I am curious, I've read a few accounts going both ways between the stock and RBA coils being more flavoursome - as you say though, the stock ones really do taste great and do have the advantage of consistency and convenience.

Yep, compared to buying the stock items, wire and cotton is almost free and really nice to not be chucking things away.

I did try mesh on a reel, I have a couple of coils of vandy vape ss316 mesh which vapes nicely, cheaper again and you can choose whatever thickness of wick you like. The slightly spiky edges make wicking a bit annoying, hard to get enough wick in for right density without it catching on the edges as you slide it in with the spring loaded thing below, but found wrapping the wick in a rizla paper and then holding the wick with tweezers and sliding the paper out works pretty well !

I guess if you smoke rollups anyway there is always the danger of unconsciously putting it in your mouth and lighting up when you've rolled it ;)

Last edited:
:) Now I am curious, I've read a few accounts going both ways between the stock and RBA coils being more flavoursome - as you say though, the stock ones really do taste great and do have the advantage of consistency and convenience.

Yep, compared to buying the stock items, wire and cotton is almost free and really nice to not be chucking things away.

I did try mesh on a reel, I have a couple of coils of vandy vape ss316 mesh which vapes nicely, cheaper again and you can choose whatever thickness of wick you like. The slightly spiky edges make wicking a bit annoying, hard to get enough wick in for right density without it catching on the edges as you slide it in with the spring loaded thing below, but found wrapping the wick in a rizla paper and then holding the wick with tweezers and sliding the paper out works pretty well !

You'll have to post how you get on with the GTX RB.

The Vandy Vape spool mesh is pretty good, yeah. I have the KA1 version as I get a funny taste from SS mesh and coils for some reason. You're right though, the edges getting stuck on the cotton is a pain! My favourite mesh strips are OFRF NexMesh KA1. They've been my go-to for my Profile Unity RTAs for a few years now. I'll be devastated if they ever stop making them!

I have one of these and they're not bad, if a little bit fiddly. I'll be honest with you though, it's nowhere near as good as the stock GTX coils.

I'm not sure what kind of witch-craft Vaporesso have going on but their stock coils/pods (GTI, GTX, XROS) provide just as good flavour as any RTA that I've tried.

It's mostly a cost thing for me though. I can buy a few months supply of mesh strips, pre-made coils and cotton for the price of a 5 packs of stock coils or pods.

interesting, i find the rba much better than the stockies. miby it’s no so good for cloud puffing?

I know what you mean about getting away from the collecting 'hobby' side of vaping. I used to be into diy, but have stopped buying gear i don't need. I'm happy now with one make of mod and stock coil tank, and a couple of pods for carrying outdoors.
I think all us ex-smokers must have an addictive personality though.
Just in case flavours get banned, i thought i would get back into making a few juices for future peace of mind.
My addictive personality has kicked in though, and i now have boxes of concentrates! I'm enjoying mixing though! 🤣🤣🤣
Roger, that ! You ain't alone...

Been using the Lost Vape Thelema Elite pod kit with the RBA pod. Working great for MTL with the 1mm pin.

There isn't a point to it, like a lot of not-entirely-positive-but-fairly-harmless emotions they just come about - I mean I didn't berate folk in shops for their choice of kit but admit to having being a little snooty about it in my head.

I guess there's a sort of pride in having put the effort into learning the craft and tweaking and fettling etc. that can easily become just a tad obsessive and with that the temptation to consider oneself somehow more devout to the cult than those who don't learn the rituals and just want to enjoy the end product; like firing up a ready meal rather than cooking from scratch I suppose - but the analogy falls down as in this case the ready meal is just about as tasty as the home made.

There is a good dose of self-criticism in this, it's not an admirable quality in me and in any case I'm just not as keen on the endless fettling these days; thus my recent 'just vape the juice like you smoke a tab, and get on with life' approach, and it's working well for me.

Having said that, I can see the fettling instinct trying to sneak back into my psyche with my recent order of a GTX RBA.... but at least with that I'm limited to very simple single coils, no TC etc.

I totally agree with 90% of what ya saying, @ChrisLikesCoffee, but I've gotta draw the line at this, " the ready meal is just about as tasty as the home made.

To quote the inimitable Amy Winehouse, R.I.P., "No, ,no, no !"

I understand the time restraints, and family obligations on most folks these days, but there's no way a processed TV/microwave dinner is better than a proper homemade lasagne or chilli con carne. Both in terms of taste, flavour, and nutrients.

Anyhows, I digress. Like many on here, I've been around the vaping houses...persevered with rebuildables, "'cos they have more flavour". Collected a plethora of box mods, even had a custom one built. I tried a few AIO's, and a couple of pods, just couldn't get on with them.

And, as you get older, your eyesight fails, and chuffin' around with coils and builds becomes a right PITA.

So, I'm old school, multiple mods, with 3 different 5+ ml tanks...can highly recommend the Nautilus 3 and Zenith II. Zero leaks, so far......

P.S. Nic patches helped me ditch the fags, and I've never really given a flying chuff what other folk think, so don't really get the snobbery thing. I alternate between a Steam Crave Hadron Mini, a Vaporesso Gen 80 S, an Innokin Kroma-R, a couple of Jac Vapour DNA-75's, a Cthulu Hastur, a custom made 21700 , several Lost Vapes, (the Therion is my fav), and quite a few others. Still using my first ever device, an Innokin TC100 with a built in battery, It's going strong after 10+ years.

Do what's best for you...and I like coffee, too. ;-)

Last edited:
I totally agree with 90% of what ya saying, @ChrisLikesCoffee, but I've gotta draw the line at this, " the ready meal is just about as tasty as the home made.

To quote the inimitable Amy Winehouse, R.I.P., "No, ,no, no !"

I understand the time restraints, and family obligations on most folks these days, but there's no way a processed TV/microwave dinner is better than a proper homemade lasagne or chilli con carne. Both in terms of taste, flavour, and nutrients.

Anyhows, I digress. Like many on here, I've been around the vaping houses...persevered with rebuildables, "'cos they have more flavour". Collected a plethora of box mods, even had a custom one built. I tried a few AIO's, and a couple of pods, just couldn't get on with them.

And, as you get older, your eyesight fails, and chuffin' around with coils and builds becomes a right PITA.

So, I'm old school, multiple mods, with 3 different 5+ ml tanks...can highly recommend the Nautilus 3 and Zenith II. Zero leaks, so far......

P.S. Nic patches helped me ditch the fags, and I've never really given a flying chuff what other folk think, so don't really get the snobbery thing. I alternate between a Steam Crave Hadron Mini, a Vaporesso Gen 80 S, an Innokin Kroma-R, a couple of Jac Vapour DNA-75's, a Cthulu Hastur, a custom made 21700 , several Lost Vapes, (the Therion is my fav), and quite a few others. Still using my first ever device, an Innokin TC100 with a built in battery, It's going strong after 10+ years.

Do what's best for you...and I like coffee, too. ;-)
I think you misread what I was saying in that part - or maybe I'm misreading your reply :) - but to clarify, yep, ready meals are foul bilge, my Mum taught me to cook when I was a kid and that's what I do if I don't eat out.

As you say, we do what's best for us, I've done the thing with having numerous builds on numerous mods for years and at least recently found it had become a hobby I just didn't want to spend time on any more, and always seemed to leave me slightly unsatisfied thinking that it could always be a bit better; the constant urge to rebuild with this or that tweak, or buy some new RDA with a slightly different airflow/deck etc. has lost its appeal.

My approach now is to choose a quality pod (or 2 in fact) and just vape, and with a pod being pretty much a done deal in terms of configuration I can't be tempted to dick about with it trying to make it better - it's already pretty damn good and I'm happy with that and can direct my energies to other things instead.

It's a reflection of my mildly obsessive nature, not a criticism of anyone who loves doing the fettling as I used to - I still fettle but with other stuff, today I'm trying a probably pointless or even detrimental change to the arrow rest on one of my bows that I'll probably undo almost immediately, but that's the joy of fettling :).

Last edited:
I think you misread what I was saying in that part - or maybe I'm misreading your reply :) - but to clarify, yep, ready meals are foul bilge, my Mum taught me to cook when I was a kid and that's what I do if I don't eat out.

As you say, we do what's best for us, I've done the thing with having numerous builds on numerous mods for years and at least recently found it had become a hobby I just didn't want to spend time on any more, and always seemed to leave me slightly unsatisfied thinking that it could always be a bit better; the constant urge to rebuild with this or that tweak, or buy some new RDA with a slightly different airflow/deck etc. has lost its appeal.

My approach now is to choose a quality pod (or 2 in fact) and just vape, and with a pod being pretty much a done deal in terms of configuration I can't be tempted to dick about with it trying to make it better - it's already pretty damn good and I'm happy with that and can direct my energies to other things instead.

It's a reflection of my mildly obsessive nature, not a criticism of anyone who loves doing the fettling as I used to - I still fettle but with other stuff, today I'm trying a probably pointless or even detrimental change to the arrow rest on one of my bows that I'll probably undo almost immediately, but that's the joy of fettling :).
You may find you change again at some point. As you get used to the flavour

I have just recent gone thru a pos stage - with a big “life is too short” attitude.

It's been quite a long stage as well

BUT

three years later than everyone else I've now got into Boro

And I'm finding the flavour better than pods for the kind of juices I vape.

I think mesh is defo better for fruits and some desserts

But I think k builds are better for tobaccos and more complex juices.

That is what I'm discovering

Also I think the change has been a factor. Sometimes we see a change in flavour as better flavour.

That's my thoughts anyway!

@ZT, I did quite like that Stubby AIO MNCH doobrywhatsit thingamy, Martyn, and they can take Nautilus coils with an adaptor ? You getting any more in ?

Back
Top Bottom