What's new

How low can I go?

xlyndog

Postman
Got a mech (Tugboat Box mod)
Got 2 18650 batteries (Efest 2500mah)
Got Some coils.

BUT its my 1st mech and I've always been worried about blowing my teeth through the back of my skull so until I can get used to how it runs etc. what Ohm should I put on there?

What are your efest rated at?? They' be the first thing that would set my arse twitching

Not all the efest batteries are bad but do be carefull with them. as said what amp rating do they have and if you want some good batteries i suggest buying some LG HE4 batteries they are cheap on Gearbest about a tenner for 4
http://www.gearbest.com/batteries/p...medium=CPCUK&utm_campaign=Displayadsvip=81406
I would stick to 0.2 ohms lowest build just to be sure definately don't go bellow 0.1. there was a recent post on here to give you the best advice i will go find it. and link it here

Ohms Law
I = V/R

V = 4.2 volts
R = 0.2 ohms

I = 4.2/0.2 = 21 amps OK

V = 4.2 volts
R = 0.1 ohms

I = 4.2/0.1 = 42 amps, definite NO NO

Aye, ditch them batteries chief. use them in a regulated box and they should be adequate, but wouldn't trust them in a mech.
Get the afore mentioned LG's and you are laughing.

Get yourself some 0.4mm or 0.5mm Nichrome and go make some useful 0.3/4ohm coils ( dual coil 0.3 ohm: 6/7 wraps 2.5mm ID) and off you go.
If you only have kanthal then 0.4mm, 2 mm ID and 6 wraps, that'll be fun.

Ohms Law
I = V/R

V = 4.2 volts
R = 0.2 ohms

I = 4.2/0.2 = 21 amps OK

V = 4.2 volts
R = 0.1 ohms

I = 4.2/0.1 = 42 amps, definite NO NO

Not a build I would try myself, but I thought that was OK split 40A over 2 cells in parallel?

2500mAh i would guess those batteries are 20A continuous not the 35A Efest label them as, they're most probably rewrapped Samsung 25R or LG HE4 batteries.

Stick above 0.2ohms you shouldn't have any problem.

Back
Top Bottom