What's new

How most of my days go...

Dysnomia

Initiate
I'm a dog walker, and as long as its not raining (and even if it is sometimes) it's all good.

Attachments

• IMG_20220114_113153.jpg
    IMG_20220114_113153.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20220114_130828.jpg
    IMG_20220114_130828.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20220124_142818.jpg
    IMG_20220124_142818.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 78
It is a bit of a dream job, apart from that time when I'm on my third set of waterproofs, and the van smells of soggy-doggies!
Your your own boss, make your hours to suit (within reason, obvs. ;) ) and dogs are like babies, in that they are everyone's to come over and fuss, so you get chatting to loads of folk that you wouldn't normally get chatting to.

Ah so many happy memories of sopping wet Jack Russell mud magnets and a pile of manky towels in the back of the car...

Ah so many happy memories of sopping wet Jack Russell mud magnets and a pile of manky towels in the back of the car...
Yep, one of my faves is Spud (first picture), who is the filthiest dog I walk. I dont know if it's because they're so close to the ground, or just the white coat shows up everything, but he's definately got that knack of coming back absolutely covered. He's a 'roller' too. ;)

Last edited:
Yep, one of my faves is Spud (first picture), who is the filthiest dog I walk. I dont know if it's because they're so close to the ground, or just the white coat shows up everything, but he's definately got that knack of coming back absolutely covered. He's a 'roller' too. ;)
Jack Russells are renowned for rolling in the mankiest possible thing within sniffing distance. It's a genetic thing which is only rational to their wee minds. Friends of mine on the islands had a dead whale wash up no far from them and their terrier was kept on a VERY short leash for three weeks, much to his dismay.
Lovely dogs tho, lots of pep, adorable when sleeping and fantastic for rugby training!

Jack Russells are renowned for rolling in the mankiest possible thing within sniffing distance. It's a genetic thing which is only rational to their wee minds. Friends of mine on the islands had a dead whale wash up no far from them and their terrier was kept on a VERY short leash for three weeks, much to his dismay.
Lovely dogs tho, lots of pep, adorable when sleeping and fantastic for rugby training!
Do they ever love stink!
I got one back in the late 90s from a bush fox hunter who bred them for that only. I hunted then. That dog Zac, was a total arse#_&e, only knew hunt and kill things. Would chase and kill anything he would see when Id go detecting.
One day ran off and I found him rolling over and over in the carcas of a dead rotten roo.
Im, no way your coming home 50ks like that. Not happening.
A big bush dam was nearby. So I grab him holding my breath and throw him into it as far out as I could. He'd swim back, id throw him again, and again to wash it off. Each time im yelling at him "you filthy little bas@#$d that'll teach you!"
I throw him again as far as I could, was nothing new to him, but I look up and see this guy staring at me horrified! :18:
Im "hi mate, dirty little bas@#$d rolled on a roo, all ok".
He just walked away after a minute staring at us.
I really to this day believe he thought I was trying to drown him!
Filthy things the hunting foxies are. Great hunters though.
So end of the day at home. Misses out front as I get out "where is Zac!?" she says worried. Here I say, as I opened the boot to let him out. I swear he was smiling!

Back
Top Bottom