What's new

Taste outdoors.

Dysnomia

Initiate
Hey guys, not been around for a while, but something lately has been puzzling me.

A few months ago I stopped smoking and took up vaping. But recently I've noticed I'm not getting much (at all) taste vaping outside (I'm a dog walker, so most of my vaping is done outdoors).

Anyone any idea why I wouldn't be getting the taste, other than, all I can think of is the temperature lately, and maybe the coil isn't heating up in short blasts, maybe.

Any idea's would be greatly appreciated.

TiA.

remind everyone what mod/ tank/ coil/ wattage/ juice you are using.
and if you do vape inside does it taste stronger with more flavour.
ive not noticed this issue in almost 9 years so not sure what to suggest further.

Taste/smell is very closely linked, maybe the extra taste indoor is actually the aroma, that quickly blows away outside?

Taste/smell is very closely linked, maybe the extra taste indoor is actually the aroma, that quickly blows away outside?
That does sound more likely, thanks.

@MrDJ - I'm on the Geekvape Aegis - Cerberus tank and coils that came with it (don't have the ohmage to hand, sorry, but take it into the shop and they give me the proper one), the wattage is normally set to around 30, but outside I have ramped it upto 70 to see if that makes a difference, but it doesn't. I still get the hit, but not the taste. I use lots of different flavours of 50/50 juices, so dont have one I can say I use all the time.

The taste is hightened slightly, but not back to normal while I drive between walks, but still nowhere near as good as it is indoors.

Your using 50/50 Liquid with a Sub Ohm Tank, Cerberus and the Coils are for DTL Vaping (Direct to lung), 50/50 liquid is used mainly in MTL (Mouth to lung). Try getting some 70/30 liquid and see if flavour improves.

Here`s my take on it, flavour is perceived by taste and smell receptors, when you go out into the cold the mucus lining of your nose either floods (snotty nose) or drys out, both mean that you lose that part of your senses and as you`ll know, when you have a head cold you cant taste your food.

Back
Top Bottom