What's new

DIY Mixing: What Percentage Of Flavour Concentrates Should I Use?

I'm completely new to vape mixology. Been making up a few liquids using the 'Make My Vape' calculator.
One thing I'm stumped on is how much flavour one is supposed to use?
The calculator asks for this in percentages. I have NO IDEA what percentage of concentrate would be in a vaping juice.

Any help would be most appreciated.
Thank you.

G.L.

It is recipe specific, you can add one or more... search this forum for recipes.

Yes, but what would I use for a one flavour juice?

I'm looking for what percentage of the overall mix the concentrate should be.

There is no specific number, it depends on the concentrate, the flavour and how strong you want that flavour.

You can't guess it. I could be anything from 1% (or even lower) up to 10 -15% overall.

you can use ELR for a rough guide as a starting point... for example

TPA Strawberry about 4% in a mix, single flavour 7-8%

FLV Rich Cinnamon 0.2% in a mix, single flavour 0.5-0.9%

But the only way is to try it.

Depends on which concentrate. Google your concentrate name and recommended percentage and you'll get a rough idea. Start at the lower end and work your way up if it's not to your taste.

Usually if you're buying online you will see most concentrates will show a recommended percentage range on the web page which is useful as a GUIDE so that will often be a good start point. Really though the best guide is your own taste buds so you can go higher or lower than the recommended amount if you find it tastes better. If you want to add two or more concentrates to your recipe you'll probably use less of each to get a nice combination.

Some people prefer to start off just mixing single flavours until they feel more confident but you don't really need to. e-liquid-recipes . com is a great place to find loads of recipes you can use as a guide and a helpful template. Mixing up vape juice is like cooking and you have lots of flexibility to tinker around and get your recipes just how you like them.

If you're the only person who will be vaping the juice you make then only person you have to get it right for is yourself so it doesn't matter what other people might think. You can just tinker around to your hearts content until you're happy with the result.

If I'm mixing an unknown or new concentrate, I do a 10ml mix in a 30ml bottle at around 10% flavour strength. Wait a few days to a week and give it a try. If it's not flavourful enough I add another 5% to the mix and try again. If it's too strong I add pg/vg to the mix to reduce the flavour strength.

Mixing in the 30ml bottle gives you the room to tweak the 10ml mix accordingly. Once you're happy with the mix you then know what flavour strength you like for a bigger mixes thereafter.

As has been said it varies, you could always ask the vendor, they ought to know.

Back
Top Bottom