What's new

Getting into DIY.

Pretty cheap looking starter setup then with the only expensive piece of equipment being the scales. I will probably pick up bottles as well along the way and wash out any reusable ones I find as well.

Pretty cheap looking starter setup then with the only expensive piece of equipment being the scales. I will probably pick up bottles as well along the way and wash out any reusable ones I find as well.

Definitely!

Once you get going and decide how you like to do things you'll figure out any other bits you need. I think my scales (about 4 years ago) were about £13 from Amazon.

Definitely!

Once you get going and decide how you like to do things you'll figure out any other bits you need. I think my scales (about 4 years ago) were about £13 from Amazon.
That ain’t too bad cost wise. I’ll probably pick up one that’ll use AAA or AA batteries that way it can last quite a long time. Decanting bottles with needle tip or small dropper tips with a small pipette will be a few extra quid on top. Should have a full mixing setup for £20 at the cheapest.

Well I’ve changed up my shopping list a bit for mixing supplies:
Digital Scales to two decimal points.
10-20ml soft bottle with needle tip cap for decanting nic.
30-50ml soft bottle with needle tip cap for decanting PG.

Amazon has lots of digital scales that measure up to 500g to 2 decimal places for under a tenner.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=digita...ital+scales,aps,88&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_4_14
This site, which Zou recommended to me, might be of interest for bottles. https://www.ibottles.co.uk/squeezy-ldpe-bottle-thin-needle-tip-child-resistant-cap.html

For flavor concentrates it can get a bit confusing from a which manufacture point of view, should I use Capella or another company for lets say the best apple, my suggestion is https://www.flavourart.co.uk/ you can mix any of them together and they will work, depending on percentage of course. But stick with the basics, Strawberry, Banana, custard etc or what you like. The only one I would suggest from a different company is Super Sweet from Capella at a very low percent if that's what you are into. I went down the rabbit hole and started ordering Cactus and other obscure flavors, used them once and never found a place for them.

I’ll have to check flavour art out, I’m on their site at the moment checking what flavours they have in.

I’ll start cheap, get a bunch of 10ml concentrates to practice with then once I’ve got the hang of it I’ll get bigger bottles of concentrates.

Vapable sell Flavour Art as "Arte Italiano" and Darkstar sell them as Dark Arts and Chefs sell them as Flavour Max, usually they are cheaper than the FA website.
There's a list somewhere of all the rebranded brands

Making your own recipes is a lot like cooking. You can just have loads of fun just playing around and tinkering to suit your own tastes and preferences. I doesn't matter what anyone else might think. You're the one who'll be vaping it so if it tastes good to you then it is good. :)

Back
Top Bottom