What's new

Getting into DIY.

I don't mix but always use a syringe for nicotine, i have tried mixing and i was shite at it or the people who say a recipe is nice are fecking liars.

Here's a couple more bits to help you.

As everyone says using scales is easily the easiest and fastest way of mixing but you need to know what weight per ML to use for each liquid. The only liquid weight that is particularly different that you need to know is Vegetable Glycerine VG. That weighs 1.24 grams per ML and that's the one you need to be aware of or your juice will end up thinner than you planned for. Most other flavour concentrates all come in a PG base and they are all just a tiny amount above or below 1 gram per ML so it's a lot easier just to use the same value of 1 for all of them. That also applies to Nic in a PG base.

Another thing I find very useful is the Vape Tool phone App which is on both Android and iOS app stores. As well as an e-liquid calculator it has a lots of other useful tools and calculators as well.

i think it’s unlikely that the difference between 3mg and 2.7mg could be easily detected.

Yeah thats how I see it - I know its not a "true" 3mg but the difference is negligable (or at least I can't tell). Its the same with my liquids, realistically they are not a "true" 50/50 mix as my base is a 50/50, but it doesn't account for the make up of the concentrate so its probably a couple of % either way. Ive never had any issues though and my liquids all vape well using a freemax MPRO 2 with quad coils.

I suppose mixing is a lot like anything else vaping wise - multiple different ways of doing it but find something that suits you and away you go lol.

Ive never tried the base mix with no flavour though might have to give that a try.

@MetalVape90 I have some spare triton scales going (free) if you want them. Not pristine, but good condition and working.

FWIW I think you're making a good choice, despite your great success at dripper labs. You can do them both right?

Its actually really simple to mix your own. The only thing you REALLY have to worry about is your Nic percentage after that you can make mistakes with the concentrates and 10ml mixes. I only use scales and 10ml concentrates as you can add the concentrates by the drop. I look up recipes for the things I like and then follow using a good eliquid site such as steam engine. Most recipes are by percentage so use the app to convert to weight ;)

Just play around with your flavours. You might get a nice surprise. If the concentrate is a dark colour use only a little, if it's light use a bit more. Start off with single flavours or combining 2 or max 3. Once you've made a few decent ones try experimenting with more complex mixes if that's your bag. To me it's all a bit poncey when you start having seven different flavours at 0.15% of this 0.38% of that etc. Unless you have the taste buds of a cockapoo you're only kidding yourself that you can appreciate the aromas and nuances of the difference between the inhale and the exhale.

Well I’ve changed up my shopping list a bit for mixing supplies:
Digital Scales to two decimal points.
10-20ml soft bottle with needle tip cap for decanting nic.
30-50ml soft bottle with needle tip cap for decanting PG.

I am worried flavours will be banned next year and if they are getting banned then DIY the only way I’ll be able to vape.

That list looks excellent. Can I suggest one more item.

When you are trying to decant things like nic into bottles with narrow necks I found the best thing is a 10ml pipette. Funnels often don't work well with narrow bottle necks. Also, plastic pipettes are meant to be single use but I've never had a problem just washing and reusing them.

Back
Top Bottom