What's new

Mixing single flavours

Blazing Atoms

Postman
So I'm still wet behind the ears mixing wise. I have about 8 10ml batches made up, mostly custards and cheesecake blends. They will need steeping for a while.

My question is how do single dessert flavours stand on their own. For example if I just wanted say a caramel flavour or lemon flavour or maybe whipped cream would I just use the one flavour or would it need half dozen more flavours to bring it to life.

Basically want something simple/quick steep whilst my other juices steep rather than half a million flavours which I can never taste in a juice.

It really depends on the concentrate, some are pretty good solo, some aren't.

Something like Flavor West Butterscotch Ripple (for example) you might enjoy on it's own.

You just need to mix up a 10ml and try the flavour on it's own... that really should be the first step anyway because if you think it tastes horrible on it's own, I would advise extreme caution adding it to any recipes you might find. If you like the taste on it's own it will make mixing with it far easier.

If there is a short cut I never found it, in 10 years all I came up with is confirmation that I`m a shite mixer. A while ago there was a fashion for mixing up a "stone" which I took to mean a single flavour juice at recommended ratio then blending them together to cut down on curing time, it was ok for not too complex juices but very limiting (for me anyway)

When the juice restrictions come in I`m firmly in the camp of those hoping for a work around.

I always found that Inawera make some very nice single flavours, their custard is excellent as a stand alone.

If there is a short cut I never found it, in 10 years all I came up with is confirmation that I`m a shite mixer. A while ago there was a fashion for mixing up a "stone" which I took to mean a single flavour juice at recommended ratio then blending them together to cut down on curing time, it was ok for not too complex juices but very limiting (for me anyway)

When the juice restrictions come in I`m firmly in the camp of those hoping for a work around.

No, there's not really short cuts. I definitely agree with that. It's tedious and annoying.

The 'stone' thing can work though, I made an apple tobacco the other day, it uses two different apple flavours in it... so I could consider those 2 flavours in that ratio to be an 'apple stone' .. so I could pre-mix them and add them together as one... that's all it is.

I think 90% of my problems come from not knowing when to stop. I just finished vaping all the 20ml of that apple tobacco I mixed up, so it obviously tastes good to me, but leaving it at that and not being temped to add something else or tweak it further is very difficult.

So I'm still wet behind the ears mixing wise. I have about 8 10ml batches made up, mostly custards and cheesecake blends. They will need steeping for a while.

My question is how do single dessert flavours stand on their own. For example if I just wanted say a caramel flavour or lemon flavour or maybe whipped cream would I just use the one flavour or would it need half dozen more flavours to bring it to life.

Basically want something simple/quick steep whilst my other juices steep rather than half a million flavours which I can never taste in a juice.

What have you been vaping before? just vape that/them until your mixes are ready or get some oneshots in.... if Im messing with single creations I see that as midterm , in fact I always mix them up in 30ml batches so they last, if they are shite I vape them anyway to teach myself a lesson. If they pass the 30ml test I will make again or add to, for me 10ml is not enough to decide and not worth the hassle.

inawera horned toffee is good by itself. it just tastes like a toffee dainty. but it needs a week at least for the weird butyric taste to fade. after that it’s v good.

FA premium custard is puffable by itself. there are loads i’ve liked and forgot about. as others have said it depends on the concentrate. but i generally think of a concentrate isn’t at least tolerable to puff solo it’s probably not worth bothering with.

Fruit flavours tend to work best as quick and easy shake-n-vape single flavours that offer a nice vape while your other juices are steeping.

Back
Top Bottom