What's new

Confused about mixing/PG in negative figures

Assortedwaves

Hey I'm new here and first post.

I'm not new to vaping and have been using Flavour Boss 50ml shots to add vg and nic to the bottle to make 250ml liquid which has been great. Decided to diversify a bit and have bought some Riff Raff flavour concentrates 30ml but I can't get the figures correct.

I vape at 80vg/20pg and 3mg nic (100% vg based)

The Riff Raff flavour concentrates say to mix at 25% but it doesn't matter what I do, my PG always comes out in minus figures in the calculator when setting as 80/20 and adding PG flavour (I've since discovered this is wrong while typing this)

If I remove the flavour, and just set as 80/20pg with the pg being the flavour itself, it adds up but at 20% not 25%

I don't want to go any lower than 80vg, so I'm guessing that I can't mix at 25%?

Is that right, I don't want to bugger it up.

Cheers in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-31 194201.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-31 194201.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 36
The flavouring’s in PG, so if you mix it at 25% of the total mix, the max VG you’re going to get is 75%. If you need your mix to be 80% VG, then you can’t go any higher than 20% flavour.

Edit: yes, you include your flavour as part of your PG total.

I'd just mix it and ignore that bit, it'll be close enough.

Thanks for confirming.

For some reason I thought it was 25% of the total volume, but either way I'd still be wrong

Wow that's almost a 1/2 pint batch size. I'd hate trying to that all by drops and loose count half way. :) As @John R says scales are comfortably the best thing for mixing.

i sways mix in 60ml bottles and rarely add more than 10 drops of any concentrate, so once you know the drop size the scales become redundant.

Back
Top Bottom