What's new

Is it dangerous to mix your own eliquid?

I never wore gloves mixing 72mg nic, and i'm still here.
Mind you, i grew an extra testicle.

I'd like one of those.

Did you get it on your skin though?
I grew it in a pot and used the nic as fertiliser.
I sold it to two lesbians that wanted to start a family.

Harms are overstated, never use gloves any more. I once spotted a tiny blob of splash, swiped it with my finger and licked it, tongue went a bit numb for a few minutes, so best keep it all in perspective eh.....

Harms are overstated, never use gloves any more. I once spotted a tiny blob of splash, swiped it with my finger and licked it, tongue went a bit numb for a few minutes, so best keep it all in perspective eh.....

Jesus C lol. I feel it's better to be safe than sorry. Nicotine is a toxin to humans. Like, I wouldn't not use gloves if I was handling a tube of cyanide that wasn't of a strength to kill me lol.

I grew it in a pot and used the nic as fertiliser.
I sold it to two lesbians that wanted to start a family.

What a fine business opportunity. Thanks. I'm going to patent this before you do.

Jesus C lol. I feel it's better to be safe than sorry. Nicotine is a toxin to humans. Like, I wouldn't not use gloves if I was handling a tube of cyanide that wasn't of a strength to kill me lol.
Do you eat tomatoes, potatoes, aubergine? They all contain nicotine along with many other fruits/vegetables [emoji16]

Do you eat tomatoes, potatoes, aubergine? They all contain nicotine along with many other fruits/vegetables [emoji16]

At very, very low concentrations. We're talking about concentrated nicotine extracted from tobacco. Not a baked potato lol.
I love aubergine.

At very, very low concentrations. We're talking about concentrated nicotine extracted from tobacco. Not a baked potato lol.
I love aubergine.

nicotine, sadly, is a bit disappointing toxin. You can image the face of a guy who was trying to commit the suicide by consuming 4g of the pure nicotine, and sadly to him - survived (Schmidt 1931). the amount of ppl who survived the consumption f more than 60mg of nicotine is countless (Larson et al. 1961).

But yet again: highest concentration of the commercially available on the market nicotine is 7.2%. LD50 for nicotine is 0.8mg/kg. Regarding the skin absorption/penetration, we can argue here, but what is the point of re-discovering the America if someone else have done so?
From the article: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6322548/
you can find in the fig 3 there:
nihms-1002887-f0003.jpg

that the accumulation caused by penetration is pretty low for nicotine in PG/menthol ejuice, and higher for lemon ejuice.
But, in all cases, the critical factor is not the ejuice per se, but the time.

Therefore, I am assuming (and actually following this practice daily, while mixing with the 7.2% base my shortfills) that the basic hygiene, like the careful wash of the hands after mixing plays far more important role than having the gloves.
Gloves, by the way, can give a false safety feeling and it really depends from the used gloves material and thickness, as per:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23405605/

Consequently, going to conclusion:
yes, nicotine can be deadly if you would swim in it or if you would not hollow the basic hygiene principles.

Quod erat demonstrandum...

Back
Top Bottom