What's new

Is it dangerous to mix your own eliquid?

Annalise-16

My partner and I have mixed our own eliquid for the first time. It works out a lot cheaper and seems easy, however I’ve just read a lot of stuff online about how dangerous it is and can put you in hospital so I’m freaking out a little.

we used:
Element longfill (kiwi red berry concentrate in pg solution) which came in a 250ml bottle.
We added 3 nic shots
Filled the rest of the bottle almost to the top with a 80/20 vg pg base mix.

does this sound right and is this any more harmful / unsafe than just buying the smaller bottles pre-made ?

thank you in advance !!!!

As long as you buy everything from a reputable shop and all your mixing equipment is clean you'll be fine ;)

My partner and I have mixed our own eliquid for the first time. It works out a lot cheaper and seems easy, however I’ve just read a lot of stuff online about how dangerous it is and can put you in hospital so I’m freaking out a little.

we used:
Element longfill (kiwi red berry concentrate in pg solution) which came in a 250ml bottle.
We added 3 nic shots
Filled the rest of the bottle almost to the top with a 80/20 vg pg base mix.

does this sound right and is this any more harmful / unsafe than just buying the smaller bottles pre-made ?

thank you in advance !!!!

you will be fine as long as you dont try dinking the nic shot which obviously your not going to do
clear.png
clear.png
;)

I feel safer mixing my own, I know what I'm putting in it.

Using a longfill and nic-shots, isn't even what I would call mixing it yourself.

Whether it 'sounds right' is entirely dependent on what you are trying to achieve. 3x 20mg nic shots in a 250ml bottle is I dunno... less than 3mg final liquid I think, so if you wanted very low nic, then yeah that's fine.

Can you link to where you read "a lot of stuff online about how dangerous it is and can put you in hospital" .. that sounds bizarre. Especially how popular short-fill, long fill, nic-shots have been over the last 6 years.

As long as you are buying your supplies from reputable vaping places, then it woulds be basically the same ingredients as a 10ml bottle from the same supplier.

Using a longfill and nic-shots, isn't even what I would call mixing it yourself.

Whether it 'sounds right' is entirely dependent on what you are trying to achieve. 3x 20mg nic shots in a 250ml bottle is I dunno... less than 3mg final liquid I think, so if you wanted very low nic, then yeah that's fine.

Yes we have it quite low as we’re trying to cut down ! Thank you

Good advice above and no it isn't dangerous, been mixing mine for a while now with no ill affects. :)

There looks to be 50ml of concentrate in that 250ml bottle so having added three 10ml nic shots you've now got 80ml in there. Filling it up will add 170ml of your VG/PG mix. Off the top of my head not sure what your final VG/PG ratio will be but I think your nic strength will be just over 2mg.

Can you link to where you read "a lot of stuff online about how dangerous it is and can put you in hospital" .. that sounds bizarre. Especially how popular short-fill, long fill, nic-shots have been over the last 6 years.

As long as you are buying your supplies from reputable vaping places, then it woulds be basically the same ingredients as a 10ml bottle from the same supplier.

“At the end of the day, DIY e-juice just isn't worth it unless you’re very highly experienced both as a vaper and a chemist! The risks of consuming an e-liquid you’ve miscalculated are high, and can easily land you in hospital. Whether it’s the use of dangerous chemical compounds, the lack of safety protocols and procedures, unsanitary chemicals or bacteria getting into your e-liquid, cross-contamination from other vape juices or a dangerous amount of concentrated nicotine in your e-liquid, there are quite a lot of different safety risks that you’re exposing yourself to when you mix DIY e-liquids.” - https://www.buyv2cigs.co.uk/blog/wi...e we do recommend not,can make you very sick . One example ! I’m a complete worry wart and have anxiety. I know the obvious solution to that is to quit vaping but I also like vaping a lot

yes we should have used pure vg as we forgot to take into account the concentrate being in a pg solution- I just want to make sure I’m not going to end being killing myself trying to save £10 thanks for you input !

Back
Top Bottom