What's new

Question about PG/VG ratio for the Aspire Pockex

Shabba96

Hello,

I recently quit smoking cigarettes and got myself a Aspire Pockex device.
I've bought several bottles of vape liquid with different ratios to see what I prefer.
I have some questions because im confused a little bit about what ratio's are best suited for both the 0.6 and 1.2 ohm coils.

So to get some clarity for usage with this particular device:

for the 0.6 coil its best to use any liquid with a higher VG content than 50% e.g 35/65 25/75 20/80 for DTL vaping?
and for the 1.2 coil its best to use 50/50 for MTL vaping?

I tried vaping 50/50 DTL from the 0.6 coil and it was too harsh but using the 1.2 coil with the same juice and the MTL method its pretty nice.
But could i switch this around and use lets say the higher VG 35/65 juice with the 1.2 coil and vape it MTL aswell or should i just stick with DTL vaping on 0.6 with those ratio's?

Also I noticed (maybe its the particular brand of juice i tried) the taste of the higher VG juice i tried on the 0.6 coil had a really dull or muted taste while the 50/50 juice i tried on the 1.2 coil had a much more profound taste.
Is this mainly because of the higher PG content or does the coil have something to do with it aswell?

Hope i can get some clear answers because every time i google about these particular questions i feel like i actually know less and less lol.

Hi @Shabba96 and :welcome2: to the forum. :)

Generally with a device like that a 1.2 ohm MTL coil will work best with a 50:50 juice and higher nicotine content. The 0.6 ohm DTL coil will work best with a higher VG ratio, around 70:30, but needs much less nicotine which is the reason it was so harsh. Generally, you would use 3mg nic although you could go a bit higher depending on your own preferences.

Welcome!
^^^^Sound advice^^^^
I would add the following….
I assume you have cited these two particular coils because they came with the device.
I would suggest that if you have only recently given up the smokes (well done :) ) that you are probably MTL vaping.
In that case, I’d stick with coils of about 1 ohm and upwards and 50/50 juices of higher nic content until you get a better feel for how your vaping progresses.
I gave up 18 months ago or so and continue to stick with MTL vaping but you may develop into RDL/DL as time goes on - then you’ll be looking towards 30/70 juices with a much lower nic level.

Welcome. The 0.6 coil is for rdl and the 1.2 for mtl so as advised it is best to stick to 50/50 for the latter and as you are enjoying that I'm not sure why you'd want to try 65/35 other than to be able to buy the same juice for both, if so then 60/40 would be better, but no harm in giving the 65/35 a try.

Thank you all for the quick replies.
I have several 50/50 bottles but also 35pg 65pg bottles which I would like to consume anyways.
Would these be vapeable in both the 0.6 and 1.2 coils as they come closer to 50/50 or would i exclusively use those on the 0.6 one?

edit: I actually started out with dtl vaping as I was a bit clueless and I figured inhaling directly to your lungs is the way to go with vaping and it just happened to be that the right coil for that was installed in the vape right out of the package (0.6).
But I prefered the throat hit the 50/50 juice delivers with the 1.2 coil so I ordered the 35pg/65vg bottles as a kind of middleground.

Thank you all for the quick replies.
I have several 50/50 bottles but also 35pg 65pg bottles which I would like to consume anyways.
Would these be vapeable in both the 0.6 and 1.2 coils as they come closer to 50/50 or would i exclusively use those on the 0.6 one?

edit: I actually started out with dtl vaping as I was a bit clueless and I figured inhaling directly to your lungs is the way to go with vaping and it just happened to be that the right coil for that was installed in the vape right out of the package (0.6).
But I prefered the throat hit the 50/50 juice delivers with the 1.2 coil so I ordered the 35pg/65vg bottles as a kind of middleground.

Just put a 10ml pg Nicotine Shot in your 35/65 Liquid which should put you in the MTL Region

Back
Top Bottom