What's new

How the UK's vaccine gamble paid off – and the EU left itself without a leg to stand on

While I agree that the vaccines the uk paid for and developed and manufactured in the uk should absolutely go to the uk first, the information to make the vaccine, especially the astra zenaca and others that use a traditional vaccine, not the mRNA kind, should be made available to every company that can make drugs.

These companies make enough money, for once cant they put saving tens of thousands of lives ahead of the profit margin.

While I agree that the vaccines the uk paid for and developed and manufactured in the uk should absolutely go to the uk first, the information to make the vaccine, especially the astra zenaca and others that use a traditional vaccine, not the mRNA kind, should be made available to every company that can make drugs.

These companies make enough money, for once cant they put saving tens of thousands of lives ahead of the profit margin.

1: they aren't making any profit during the pandemic
2: it is, it's being produced in India and I believe Canada are producing it too, the EU should be producing their own too.

Plenty of reason for criticism of the government but I don't think anyone can accuse Boris of not giving his all. I don't care who's in government I'd still much rather have them make the decisions over the EU. Can boot them out in a few years if we want. Good luck to European citizens wanting to hold the EU to account for their mistakes.

forgetting about the vaccine for a minute, does it not concern you that we are ranking amongst the worst affected by this in the world?

It was part of the deal when government put loads of cash into development
I was referring more to their usual everday profit, not profiting from the pandemic specifically, n i didnt mean AZ specifically either. my meds r made by teva, caraco, zydus, etc.

There are a lot of drug companies, all the ones that can should be spitting out vaccine along with everything else.

I was referring more to their usual everday profit, not profiting from the pandemic specifically, n i didnt mean AZ specifically either. my meds r made by teva, caraco, zydus, etc.

There are a lot of drug companies, all the ones that can should be spitting out vaccine along with everything else.

I absolutely agree that any and every facility that could be making vaccine should be making vaccine and all governments should be doing what they can to ensure that can happen and company patents/intellectual property and corporate profits should not be allowed to get in the way.

Of course they r. Why one earth would u think they wouldnt be?

OK mate, whatever...

Regardless, the UK isn't big enough to manufacture and supply vaccines to the whole world.

Back
Top Bottom