What's new

Hungarian Court rules ECIGS ARE NOT MEDICINE!

K

KulrMeStoopid

Posted 19 hours ago by Dr F!
Konstantinos Farsalinos

I was notified today that a Hungarian Court ruled AGAINST regulating e-cigarettes as medications. The Court had assigned me to provide an expert report concerning whether nicotine in e-cigarette cartridges has a pharmacologic effects or treats any disease. My report was delivered on January 2nd and was prepared based on pure science and common sense, with 17 references to published medical studies. I think the Hungarian Court made a correct decision and hopefully the strategy of the Court to ask for expert consultation will be used as a guide by regulators...

Finally a Government that listened and used some common sense.

Finally a Government that listened and used some common sense.
Not a Government unfortunately but a Court. This decision supports the legal advice so far received that attempts to treat ecigs as medicine will fail if challenged in the courts.
Dr Farsalinos is a great advocate for ecigs and knows his stuff. If only, as he hopes, regulators would take into account his expertise in the field

My mistook, read court as government, still a step in the right direction.

So far where have we won in court?

Estonia, Germany? I know theres at least 4

Does that mean the pending reg by MHRA in 2016 can be challenged in court & this result be used as a presedent to force the ruling in vaping favour?

Maybe the E.U should look at what is happening and start leading with common sense. Hang on did I just say E.U and common sense in the same sentence?

Court is where this will end up if we go with "Medical Regulation" in the UK.
The Government will then have to prove, in court, that medical regulation is a requirement and will also be required to prove that personal vaporisers and e-liquid are a medical product.
Not sure how they will do this. Especially if other EU member states high courts have ruled against medicalisation of these products.

Wait for a landslide of manufacturers, retailers, distributors and consumers bringing court action against proposed medical regulations, and winning.

This is what will secure a victory for us, if anything can, as appealing to the Government and our EU overlords is like pissing into the wind...

Our government is either thick as shit or as arrogant as hell, seeing these other countries being taken to court and not winning but still pushing at med regs here.

Back
Top Bottom