What's new

MTL Innokin Ares 2 D24 MTL RTA

Hi everyone, I know this post is a little old but I'm new to deck building and have recently purchased this coil.
I'm trying to find the best coil for flavour and thanks to Gitchy for this excellent review, I'm looking at 0.7 MTL Clapton wire.
As a shortcut I purchased some pre- made coils but the appear to have been wound in the opposite direction to what I need, meaning when fixed to my posts, my barrell faces downward.
All coil builds I've viewed online show the barrell facing upward, but strangely the Ares instruction sheet, actually shows the barrel facing down.
A little confusing for a newbie builder.
I get that I can wind my own coils left or right handed so when my Clapton wire arrives I can make my own to suit, but I still need to know if it's ok to use these pre-builts that I have with the coil barrell facing down?
Eagerly awaiting a response as I've got everything out on the table lol.

Hi everyone, I know this post is a little old but I'm new to deck building and have recently purchased this coil.
I'm trying to find the best coil for flavour and thanks to Gitchy for this excellent review, I'm looking at 0.7 MTL Clapton wire.
As a shortcut I purchased some pre- made coils but the appear to have been wound in the opposite direction to what I need, meaning when fixed to my posts, my barrell faces downward.
All coil builds I've viewed online show the barrell facing upward, but strangely the Ares instruction sheet, actually shows the barrel facing down.
I get that I can wind my own coils left or right handed so when my Clapton wire arrives I can make my own to suit, but I still need to know if it's ok to use these pre-builts that I have with the coil barrell facing down?

Yes, you can still use those coils. It doesn't matter which way up the coils go.

Just fit it as is - put a coil rod or screwdriver through it, Loosen the captive screws slightly so you can slide the coil leg through without it popping out, and pull it into the position you want it. MTL coils are easy to manipulate

Sorry mate been out all day. I'll say the same as above though, it doesn't matter what way around they are. If the barrel faces up it does make it easier to lift the coil up a bit more if there's side airflow holes but with the Ares 2 having the airflow at the bottom it doesn't need that so you're good to go.

Thank you so much everyone, I'm so grateful for all your replies. It's certainly made my coil building a lot easier.
I've also just purchased a few different wires and intend to have a go at making my own coils now.
I'm absolutely loving my new found hobby, whilst also packing up the cancer sticks at the same time. I just wish I'd got into vaping a lot earlier.

I'd like to also thank each and every one of you for your contributions to this superb forum. There's so much information available for every level of vaper, all of which I find incredibly interesting.

I must say though, at the moment, I have benefitted from the cash saving aspect of giving up yet though, mainly because I've spent so much money on different pods, mods, rta's rda's, tanks, coils, tool kits, juices, base liquids, vape juice and even favour concentrates to make my own lol.

I've really thrown myself into this and loving every minute of it, plus I'm so fortunate to have found a great community here too.

I won't derail this thread any further though, I just wanted to extend my most sincere gratitude to each of you.

Voivi

Anyone getting a leak from the bottom of the airflow ring? Turns out the the airflow ring is press fitted so can't be removed to change the seals. Probably worth knowing if you want to buy this tank. The flavour is good, but then it leaks so I rarely use it. Zero support from Innokin

Anyone getting a leak from the bottom of the airflow ring? Turns out the the airflow ring is press fitted so can't be removed to change the seals. Probably worth knowing if you want to buy this tank. The flavour is good, but then it leaks so I rarely use it. Zero support from Innokin

My D22's are the most reliable RTA's I own. They never leak or do anything untoward. They may not be the most fashionable tanks on the market but I always find myself returning to them because they're so dependable.

@Innokin and @dovpo_uk are by far the most helpful representatives on this board. Send @Innokin a private message and they'll help you out, I guarantee it.

Best wishes.

My D22's are the most reliable RTA's I own. They never leak or do anything untoward. They may not be the most fashionable tanks on the market but I always find myself returning to them because they're so dependable.

@Innokin and @dovpo_uk are by far the most helpful representatives on this board. Send @Innokin a private message and they'll help you out, I guarantee it.

Best wishes.

Thanks I'll try that. I really like the flavour of this tank, but I have a bunch of other tanks and I'm avoiding using the Ares 2 because of the annoying leak. I am guessing there are 2x o-rings either side of the airflow holes, and the bottom one is not holding

Attachments

• ares2.jpg
    ares2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 46

Best wishes.
Thanks for the tag.

I got excited for a minute the read the thread.

I shall go back to my hole but wait like a coiled spring for my next tag

Back
Top Bottom