What's new

MTL Innokin Ares 2 D24 MTL RTA

I would happily have sent this tank back, but the seller DJVape does not even reply to emails, and @Innokin replies with links to YouTube reviews of the tank. It’s not a wicking problem, the leak is not through the airflow holes, it’s between the airflow ring and the main body of the tank, as per photo above. I have 6 or 7 RTAs and this is by far the worst, never had leaks in the other tanks, other than the occasional flooding of the juice wells. What is the difference between buying a clone and buying from a reputable company? Customer service. And if this is missing then you are better off buying a clone

Last edited:
I would happily have sent this tank back, but the seller DJVape does not even reply to emails, and @Innokin replies with links to YouTube reviews of the tank. It’s not a wicking problem, the leak is not through the airflow holes, it’s between the airflow ring and the main body of the tank, as per photo above. I have 6 or 7 RTAs and this is by far the worst, never had leaks in the other tanks, other than the occasional flooding of the juice wells. What is the difference between buying a clone and buying from a reputable company? Customer service. And if this is missing then you are better off buying a clone
Hi @notsure, thank you for reaching out to us and sorry for the issue you're having with your Ares 2.

This leaking issue can be fixed up with the following steps:

When filling the tank, be careful not to over-fill it. Fill to roughly 80-90% capacity.
Make sure the airflow control ring is closed while filling.
Do not tip the tank over or let it rest on its side.
Make sure the top-fill section is always closed when the tank is in use.
Check that the coil is properly inserted within the coil base. It should align with the flat sections in the slot.

If this is not helpful, please DM us for furthur assist, thanks again for your understanding!

My D22's are the most reliable RTA's I own. They never leak or do anything untoward. They may not be the most fashionable tanks on the market but I always find myself returning to them because they're so dependable.

@Innokin and @dovpo_uk are by far the most helpful representatives on this board. Send @Innokin a private message and they'll help you out, I guarantee it.

Best wishes.
Hi @Astral, Thansk so much!! This is really cheerful :57::57: We'll try to solve problems as quick as we can!

Hi @notsure, thank you for reaching out to us and sorry for the issue you're having with your Ares 2.

This leaking issue can be fixed up with the following steps:

When filling the tank, be careful not to over-fill it. Fill to roughly 80-90% capacity.
Make sure the airflow control ring is closed while filling.
Do not tip the tank over or let it rest on its side.
Make sure the top-fill section is always closed when the tank is in use.
Check that the coil is properly inserted within the coil base. It should align with the flat sections in the slot.

If this is not helpful, please DM us for furthur assist, thanks again for your understanding!

Thanks @Innokin. Am I right in saying that if it was user error, the tank would leak from the airflow holes, not from the bottom of the airflow ring? There should be a seal just below the airflow holes to stop liquid seeping through the gap between ring and tank.

@notsure, I use a 3mm ID coil and quite thick cotton in mine if that helps you any, but I can honestly say I've never had a single issue with mine even with a 2.5mm.

I hope you get it sorted my friend.

@notsure, I use a 3mm ID coil and quite thick cotton in mine if that helps you any, but I can honestly say I've never had a single issue with mine even with a 2.5mm.

I hope you get it sorted my friend.

Thanks, I hope too. I do like this tank, the flavour is good and it's easy to build. But I am reluctant to use it, especially with the Cthulhu tube which has an open hole at the top where liquid can get to the mosfet chip

Last edited:
Just an update on this. It took a while, mostly due to the state of all things shipping these days, but eventually I got a replacement from Innokin.
Night and day. The replacement tank is quiet, much quieter, the airflow ring is tight, and there is no sign of leak. Well done @Innokin for sorting me out. Only time will tell how robust this tank is, but for now I'm happy

Just an update on this. It took a while, mostly due to the state of all things shipping these days, but eventually I got a replacement from Innokin.
Night and day. The replacement tank is quiet, much quieter, the airflow ring is tight, and there is no sign of leak. Well done @Innokin for sorting me out. Only time will tell how robust this tank is, but for now I'm happy
Glad @Innokin sorted your problem for you, they sorted out a problem for me with the Gozee.
Well done Innokin for your excellent customer support it’s much appreciated many thanks.

Hi @notsure, I apologize for the late shipment. Thank God, it finally arrived. I hope you're enjoying it. Should you have any other questions, please kindly let us know.

Back
Top Bottom