What's new

Insider (SXK)

zouzounaki

Olympian
So I had ordered this (the sxk clone) before my bb and the vapeshell arrived. Mainly because it seems to get good reviews a number of places (and despite there not being much discussion about it here).

It arrived today. My first thought was that it’s going to be way too airy. Only the dial thing on the bottom to adjust airflow, and a big gaping hole under the coil. Well it turns out it’a actually not too airy. Airier than the vapeshell, but still okay for me.

It puffs really well, in fact. It’s a little noisier, but is crackling a bit as well so i maybe don’t have the wicking just spot on. I think I prefer the vapeshell, but I’ll stick with this for a few days and see how it goes.

I see steam tuners have an mtl version with a smaller hole under the coil for people that can afford to shell out €120...

The only disappointing thing about this is the one that ft have sent me has logos on it.

Hmm... might grab one of them, I like an airy vape, but I love the flavour from the Vapeshell and I'm planning another one.
I think for me, it's just a matter of getting used to a tighter draw, the flavour is spot on.

When I say airy, it’s maybe like a kayfun 3 mini with the screw fully out. With the vapeshell I have the 1mm reducer in there so it’s pretty tight.

Insider was too airy for me. Haven't used it in ages. May have to dig it out and put a mesh reducer in it.

I have the widest insert in my one, I'm getting used to it now.
Still can't get over the flavour from a 5 wrap kanthal wire.

Don’t forget about the Exocet guys, I have all 3, the Exocet, vapeshell and the insider, all sxk and only 1 bb so can only use 1 at a time, and it’s very hard to pick a favourite but at the moment i would put the insider 3nd place and can’t decide between the Exocet and the vapeshell yet, still need more time to decide..

Insider was too airy for me. Haven't used it in ages. May have to dig it out and put a mesh reducer in it.

I tried but the problem is the shape of the hole, I couldn’t do it. But it turned out ok, not as loose as I thought it would be, and that’s with the daft airflow wheel off and a little bit of cotton sitting round the pin.

I tried but the problem is the shape of the hole, I couldn’t do it. But it turned out ok, not as loose as I thought it would be, and that’s with the daft airflow wheel off and a little bit of cotton sitting round the pin.

Will have a look tomorrow. It don't sound very hopeful from what you say though.

The way it puffs reminds me of the hussar rta. Even down to the quiet hiss and crackle sound.

I just use my condensation plugs to limit airflow, the 1mm is my favourite.

If you want to nose what the Exocet will be like wick the included RBA with the wick poking out of the holes and slightly stuff them back in to seal, the Exocet is better but a similar draw.

At the moment I have a vapeshell, Exocet and standard RBA, all are good to me.

Back
Top Bottom