What's new

Review? The Sxk Delro dna60

ZenAnarchi

Achiever
Here’s my take on the Sxk Delro after having used it for 4-5 days now. This is an attempt on my part to write an amateur review, as @John R was curious about the battery life, and I thought it might liven up this corner of the forum :)

3m8MF33.jpg

Stats: 93mm x 51mm x 23mm Weight: 127g (acc to 3F)
It’s a nice compact aio, though not the smallest or a featherweight. The aluminium construction makes the mod look heavier than it is, but it’s not too bad, and can easily be thrown in your pocket without loosing your pants. It comes with a USB-C charging port, and has 2 screws that give access to the chip, and 4 screws to gain access to the battery.

MeDo0Zb.jpg

Build Quality: Generally, the build quality is what you’d expect from Sxk, reasonably good but not perfect. It is solid and well built, and has just enough heft. The panels are machined well, and the boro door is held tightly enough by the two magnets. There are, unfortunately, a couple of irritating things I discovered. Firstly, the door is a bit wobbly. I can move the door up and down enough to hear it, though it’s not enough to notice while vaping (maybe 0.1-0.2mm). The second problem certainly gave me a fright. The top nut was not machined all the way and there was a slight spur at the bottom of the threads, which gave me problems using my flush nuts f ex. Luckily(?), I’m the type who resorts to a bit of force when frustrated, and I was able to clear the machining error from the brass nut. It now works perfectly.

1TTuOgY.jpg

Functionality: In general, I am very pleased with my purchase.

Button placement is, however, a bit strange. If you fire with your thumb, it actually works best as a left hand thumb firer. When in my right and thumb firing, it always feels like I’m about to drop it, even though it’s not likely, in reality. It works best when trigger-finger firing in the right hand.

Airflow is limited by the placement on the front of the mod, and the 20 x 2mm(?) honeycomb holes in the boro door. This is absolutely no problem for me, as I exclusively vape mtl, it could be a concern for a rdl vaper. It is almost impossible to cover the air intake while vaping, so it is advantageous on the front.

empFQhM.jpg

The boro compartment is bit tight, as you may be able to see in the photograph. All my boro tanks fit though, so it is well done, leaving less room for condensation. The dna60 chip works as expected, so I won’t dwell on it. It is placed adjacent to the boro compartment, so the chances of drowning it in juice are minuscule. Even though the boro door is opaque, with a quick flick of the thumb you can open the door enough to see the screen. Not unlike most boro mods, you have to take off the door/panel to fill your tank.

8x8KPtq.jpg

I like the mod’s aesthetic, it looks compact and tough. The gunmetal color is nice and neutral, though I could’ve done without the brass top-nut. I’ve already ordered dark plastic panels, but this to liten it up a wee bit, and to allow me to see my juice level. I’m still on the fence about ordering gold buttons to match the brass top-nut.

And finally, the low down on the LiPo ;) Not too much to report here, really. It has a 2200mAh battery, and it has performed almost exactly like an 18650 (2500-3000mAh). I get a bit over a day’s vaping with both my standard ss 1.0ohm build at app 350 degrees tc, and with a nautilus 1.0ohm mesh coil on 9.5 watts, 5-7ml 50/50. Charging at 2amps goes quickly, it takes about an hour if I drain it to the last bar. So I have no problems with having to charge it instead of shifting batteries, if it means I don’t have to take batteries and a charger with me on holidays. Additionally, 3F has extra LiPo batteries for a reasonable price.

pX9HeoX.jpg

All in all, I am happy with my Delro! We’ll see how well it tolerates the Spanish climate in a couple of weeks, and the wear and tear of traveling about. Hope you, the reader, don’t feel you’ve just wasted 2 minutes of your life, I did my best :D

Might be tempted by the silver one for my birthday, cheers for the info.

Nice concise review, looks better than the old BB and it actually has USB C which is a plus. I am kind of on the fence regarding buying one, i think there are a couple of AIO's that i prefer to this, No mention of price though i can't see it being cheap, nearly forgot, don't know how i feel about Lipo, is there going to be a battery, 18650 Version ?, Does look good and Thanks for the review.

Nice concise review, looks better than the old BB and it actually has USB C which is a plus. I am kind of on the fence regarding buying one, i think there are a couple of AIO's that i prefer to this, No mention of price though i can't see it being cheap, nearly forgot, don't know how i feel about Lipo, is there going to be a battery, 18650 Version ?, Does look good and Thanks for the review.
Ahh yes, the price :22: It was $119 (£94) plus $3 for shipping from 3F, and imo it’s not too bad for a dna60 boro mod. It shipped quickly, even though it wasn’t in stock. And there is a version with the sevo70 chip that is cheaper. The replacement LiPo is $15.

Delro has just recently released their 18650 mod, and it has been reviewed by Todd. One can assume that there may be a clone, unless you want to shell out $500 :17:

6L3psj6.jpg

I had one not long after sxk brung them out and if your a rdl vaper carry a cable and plug as anything close to or over 20w's battery life ain't the best so best for mtl and yes you can replace the battery if need be but get someone todo it for you as I read on the ft forum when it was there its abit of a c*** to get the battery out as it well packed in there and accessing the battery's wires isn't the best either other than that they are like zenarchi said a nice mod but a bit dear compared to what they were going for a couple of yrs ago around £65-75 new

Last edited by a moderator:
I had one not long after sxk brung them out and if your a rdl vaper carry a cable and plug as anything close to or over 20w's battery life ain't the best so best for mtl and yes you can replace the battery if need be but get someone todo it for you as I read on the ft forum when it was there its abit of a c*** to get the battery out as it well packed in there and accessing the battery's wires isn't the best either other than that they are like zenarchi said a nice mod but a bit dear compared to what they were going for a couple of yrs ago around £65-75 new

I don't think many would RDL or DTL in a BB, Saying that i have the Kylin M in my Pulse, it is 21700 and battery lasts quite well, might be because i have 6 other Tanks on the go lol. There is nothing like contradicting your self in one sentence lol.

I don't think many would RDL or DTL in a BB, Saying that i have the Kylin M in my Pulse, it is 21700 and battery lasts quite well, might be because i have 6 other Tanks on the go lol. There is nothing like contradicting your self in one sentence lol.

I know wat you mean but on some of the fb bb pages iam on people actualy go below or around 0.3 ohms on there's which with the amount of airflow you can get in seems abit weird. The lowest I go nowadays is 0.6-0.7 no lower sometimes a wee bit higher

Back
Top Bottom