What's new

Kayfun BB RBA - A Review (?)

I don’t use custards but you would probably be better with a more complex coil. Clapton, fused Clapton or an alien at a slightly higher wattage.

sorry if I’ve missed but can you post a pic of the rba in boro. As you said at the beginning you got decent flavour when you left the tank for awhile then the flavour diminished. If you seat the rba too far down in the boro the SM rba doesn’t wick well due to the wicking ports being at the bottom

I don’t use custards but you would probably be better with a more complex coil. Clapton, fused Clapton or an alien at a slightly higher wattage.

sorry if I’ve missed but can you post a pic of the rba in boro. As you said at the beginning you got decent flavour when you left the tank for awhile then the flavour diminished. If you seat the rba too far down in the boro the SM rba doesn’t wick well due to the wicking ports being at the bottom

Like this? I can see a little gap between the base of the RBA and the tank base.

20231224_195529.jpg

Thanks,

On the builds I meant re-wick, Using the same coil. Apologies for the confusion.

There are a few possibilities I can think of that may vary the resistance of the same coil -

When you had a lower resistance reading there is a possibility there was a hot spot if any wraps, or part of any wrap was touching another, and the current going through the coil could have taken a short cut through the hot spot and didn't go through the entire coil. Subsequent re-wicking could move the coil slightly so the wraps were no longer touching - this would remove any potential hot spot, the current would go through every wrap which would give a higher resistance reading.

During repeated removals of the boro tank to rebuild/re-wick juice can contaminate the contacts which can affect the resistance reading - make sure you completely dry the outside of the boro tank, remove any condensation from inside the boro compartment of the mod - paying particular attention to the positive contact, use a tissue or cotton wool to clean/dry the threads in the top of the mod for the top locking nut and the threads of the nut itself as these can be overlooked. Make sure that any part of the RBA that protrudes through the bottom of the boro tank is clean and dry - also if the Aerokon Pin is unwound so far that it protrudes from the bottom contact remove it, clean the Aerokon Pin threads and re-insert it. Essentially clean and dry EVERYTHING on the outside of the boro tank each time you remove it - then make sure the top nut is screwed down firmly to give a good connection, but not with excessive force.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom