What's new

Kayfun BB RBA - A Review (?)

Onto my 8th or probably the 9th build of the day. And quite a few ml's of juice spilled / drained. Trying the cotton super thin now. its almost as thin as the size of the juice well. I can even see the sides of the deck when unfluffed.

BTW, I tried Todd's method.. Can't seem to get the angles right for the cut. I'll probably do a deep dive of his playlist later on where he shows his wicking method, the wicking on the Kayfun BB review video is missing a few frames where he cuts the cotton.

Another question, is the length of the cotton kept to the lip where the threads end (as NetVaper shows) or is it to the length of the little slots on the side.
20231220_201824.jpg

Too little cotton, too much cotton, it’s almost impossible to tell from the pics :11:

What I can tell you is: don’t give up! I just put a 0.8ohm SS build in the Kf, with the complex chamber, and filled it with Coffee Custard… The flavor is top-notch at 11 watts :2thumbsup: Even better with temp control. So it is possible!

Are you using quality cotton? Are you giving your cotton enough break-in time? Have you used this liquid in other tanks? Keep trying!

nyZCCG7.jpg

Will order the SS wire.. What gauge would you recommend.
I will look up how to use temp control. Any pointers for reading / viewing material to get me started.
As for the cotton, I am using Muji pads. Does the break in mean, letting the pod sit for some time after filling in?

I have built the same 5 wrap coil on the Berserker v3, am getting some sweetness there, but I had high hopes for the Kayfun and its complex chamber, I was too lost in the builds that the idea of trying the default chamber and the sweet chamber didn't occur.

A side question, does the metal tip also mute flavor as compared to the plastic / Delrin tips?

Don't worry about the thickness of the cotton. It should be thick going through the coil. I think it's more the length of cotton, it needs to be shorter.

Also the coil seems high. The kayfuns can be misleading in that you think they need to be higher as it's sometimes difficult to see the height in regards to the airpin. Just 1-2mm is all it needs.

All the cotton then needs to do is drop down into the wells so again make sure it's not too long. This may sound odd but don't thin the ends. If the length is ok it will just plop in.

I run SS 27awg at about 0.8 - 1.0 ohms with 15 watts on quite a tight draw, probably 0.9 to 1mm if I was using a pin. I've got some DarkStar Rocket in mine and it lasts for days with as good a flavour as I have on any atty.

I agree with others though I doubt you'll get a true custard flavour unless you ramp up the watts and open it up. It's just more suited to RDL/DL

No danger I'd be MTL'ing a custard, doing an apple custard in my 909 DotRBA right now, 470F and airflow is wide open.

I've used kayfuns for many years. The only advice I have is use a simple kanthal 2.5mm for coil 6 wraps. Bang on for MTL at about at 12watts.

I always find SS wire gets too hot and your cotton ends up burning from the middle outwards.

I've used kayfuns for many years. The only advice I have is use a simple kanthal 2.5mm for coil 6 wraps. Bang on for MTL at about at 12watts.

I always find SS wire gets too hot and your cotton ends up burning from the middle outwards.

if it’s too hot you just need to turn down the power

Back
Top Bottom