What's new

Kayfun BB RBA - A Review (?)

I agree with others though I doubt you'll get a true custard flavour unless you ramp up the watts and open it up. It's just more suited to RDL/DL
Thanks for this, I will give the custard another go.. Thick but shorter cotton!! I was thinning it out completely.

with respect to the airflow, for custards does it need to be more open as compared to other flavours?

Tried a build, opening up the air flow does help, But not there yet. The Aerokon pin is just sticking out from the connector.
Next, I ll try with a bit more thicker cotton.

Tried a build, opening up the air flow does help, But not there yet. The Aerokon pin is just sticking out from the connector.
Next, I ll try with a bit more thicker cotton.
Remember the height. Try as low as you'll dare to go and see how that is too. Then slightly raise if you need to

Remember the height. Try as low as you'll dare to go and see how that is too. Then slightly raise if you need to

Does this look about right? or is it too low?
20231222_160012.jpg

Too low for me, I prefer a bit of throat hit.
Yep that's the joy of rebuildables though, you can change it to how you want it. Ill normally have one setup for max flavour and another for more throat hit and just switch throughout the day.

I am now having flash floods at random, there is decent flavor though, does that mean the cotton is still too thin. Should I go thicker? There was no leak when I started for a first couple of hours and then it just happened.

A side question, In just 3 builds my resistance has gone up from 1.07 to 1.35, would that mean a bad wire? I first suspected the post screws connections and made sure they were tight.

I am now having flash floods at random, there is decent flavor though, does that mean the cotton is still too thin. Should I go thicker? There was no leak when I started for a first couple of hours and then it just happened.

A side question, In just 3 builds my resistance has gone up from 1.07 to 1.35, would that mean a bad wire? I first suspected the post screws connections and made sure they were tight.

Flooding probably means not enough cotton in bhe wells OR an o-ring isn't seated. Don't forget to check the o-rings.

I've no idea about the wide range in resistances if you've been using the same wire and number of wraps - first check steamengine or a similar site to get a ballpark figure of what it should be - and don't forget, if you're using TC wire the resistance will be higher when the coil is heated. To get an accurate reading you must leave it until it is AT ROOM TEMPERATURE - so put it to one side for half an hour so you are absolutely sure it is at room temperature before checking again.

Flooding probably means not enough cotton in bhe wells OR an o-ring isn't seated. Don't forget to check the o-rings.

I've no idea about the wide range in resistances if you've been using the same wire and number of wraps - first check steamengine or a similar site to get a ballpark figure of what it should be - and don't forget, if you're using TC wire the resistance will be higher when the coil is heated. To get an accurate reading you must leave it until it is AT ROOM TEMPERATURE - so put it to one side for half an hour so you are absolutely sure it is at room temperature before checking again.

Thanks,

On the builds I meant re-wick, Using the same coil. Apologies for the confusion.

Back
Top Bottom