What's new

Interesting read!that Australia

Gonloopy

Veteran
EDIT! Apologise can't seem to correct thread title

As some of you may know Australia is back in the dark ages in terms of their regulation around vaping;,
-thanks in no small part to the likes of Simon Chapman (whose voice many of the older apes will remember back in the pre- TPD battle days).

The good news is that Australia is now reviewing their stance, and asked both our politicians and Public Health England for their views and if there were any lessons learned.

This link is a transcript of that conversation, it really does summarise quite well what the current thinking is in the UK, both politically and clinically http://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/download/committees/commrep/81a244ef-e46c-46bd-8ad6-ee3054352dc5/toc_pdf/Standing Committee on Health, Aged Care and Sport_2017_10_18_5636.pdf;fileType=application/pdf#search="committees/commrep/81a244ef-e46c-46bd-8ad6-ee3054352dc5/0001"

Happy reading!

Last edited:
Very interesting read, thanks.

Viscount Ridley: 'Two of my colleagues in the House of Lords, Lord Brabazon and Lord Cathcart, are ex-smokers who now vape exclusively. They both say they are saving a fortune, but I do not have any formal data to back that up.' [Clearly he suspects they have contracted shinyitis.]

CHAIR: On that note, it's probably time for us to go and have a gin and tonic.

Well worth the time to read.

One bit in particular stood out for me. And that's the piece where PHE admit to knowing about the mis-information that has been released, and know that smokers are being scared into staying smokers.

good read, can you see australia making any change though? Doubt it.
If enough people tell you a lie, the lie becomes 'the truth'.

Back
Top Bottom