What's new

Is there a big difference

Bbuck27

Postman
Hey guys I'm looking at getting a mech for my next mod I'm looking at the copper and ss stingrays and also the copper and ss nemesis but what I would like to know is is there a big difference in voltage drop between the ss models and the copper models I really like the stainless steal ones would look good with my tanks but I know the copper is better for your battery and am happy to get a copper one if it makes a big difference to performance etc etc thanks for your time guys

Bbuck27

Sent from my LT26i using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Generally speaking copper is a better conductor than SS. Copper also tends to tarnish if you so much as look at it, so it's a judgement call!

The performance of any mechanical mod is dependant upon the efficient completion of the electrical circuit.
If the switch mechanism is functioning crisp,positive, and direct and the atomiser connection is neat and flush with most (in the perfect world, ALL) of the mechs positive pin connecting with most of the atomiser pin, then voltage drop (or loss) will be at a minimum. Skew whiff connections, both with the negative firing pin and battery base, and mod positive pin and atty positive pin, are common place amongst cheaper clones. The material used in construction of the mechanical mod (stainless, copper, brass, etc etc) will not correct production faults.
Machining quality makes all of this happen,or not happen, something we have to live with when it comes to cheaply made, mass produced 'clones', and something we have to accept if we want 'cheap'.
For me, the odds on getting a 'good 'un' through the post, when weighed against purchase price, are always in my favour, so the click on the 'pay now' button is a pretty fair gamble.
Assuming that construction of the mech is good with everything connecting as it should,voltage drop will be at a minimum and the benefits of copper versus stainless will be negligible.
I have three knock off nemmy's, two stainless, one copper. The copper out performs one of the stainless, but does not hit has hard as the other stainless.
The variability of clones!
I suppose the bottom line is that it's whatever you fancy. If you like the looks of a copper mech, get one.

The performance of any mechanical mod is dependant upon the efficient completion of the electrical circuit.
If the switch mechanism is functioning crisp,positive, and direct and the atomiser connection is neat and flush with most (in the perfect world, ALL) of the mechs positive pin connecting with most of the atomiser pin, then voltage drop (or loss) will be at a minimum. Skew whiff connections, both with the negative firing pin and battery base, and mod positive pin and atty positive pin, are common place amongst cheaper clones. The material used in construction of the mechanical mod (stainless, copper, brass, etc etc) will not correct production faults.
Machining quality makes all of this happen,or not happen, something we have to live with when it comes to cheaply made, mass produced 'clones', and something we have to accept if we want 'cheap'.
For me, the odds on getting a 'good 'un' through the post, when weighed against purchase price, are always in my favour, so the click on the 'pay now' button is a pretty fair gamble.
Assuming that construction of the mech is good with everything connecting as it should,voltage drop will be at a minimum and the benefits of copper versus stainless will be negligible.
I have three knock off nemmy's, two stainless, one copper. The copper out performs one of the stainless, but does not hit has hard as the other stainless.
The variability of clones!
I suppose the bottom line is that it's whatever you fancy. If you like the looks of a copper mech, get one.

Thanks for great advice I prefer the ss to copper think it would look better with my tanks lol as far as I'm aware the ones I'm looking at arnt clones I have held them and they are really well built just not sure wether to go stingray or nemesis I like the copper stingray with the black cover but heard that the black comes off really easily any one else had this issue

Bbuck27

Thanks for great advice I prefer the ss to copper think it would look better with my tanks lol as far as I'm aware the ones I'm looking at arnt clones I have held them and they are really well built just not sure wether to go stingray or nemesis I like the copper stingray with the black cover but heard that the black comes off really easily any one else had this issue

Bbuck27

Where are you looking mate? Don't want you getting stung thinking pure getting real deal...

As far as performance, depends how low you go resistance wise. For me, there's a ton of difference, but I'm using super low resistances... for normal 1 ohm Vaping, not much in it.

Where are you looking mate? Don't want you getting stung thinking pure getting real deal...

As far as performance, depends how low you go resistance wise. For me, there's a ton of difference, but I'm using super low resistances... for normal 1 ohm Vaping, not much in it.

Looking in my local vape shop in hull it's called ecig outlet sells mainly high-end mods they just started getting mechs in. I plan on building sub ohm coils got quite good at building. 4/.5 ohm coils hence wy I want a mech as my svd won't fire anything lower than a. .9 ohm which would you say is the better mod out of nemesis or stingray an build quality I would say they was on par

Bbuck27

Looking in my local vape shop in hull it's called ecig outlet sells mainly high-end mods they just started getting mechs in. I plan on building sub ohm coils got quite good at building. 4/.5 ohm coils hence wy I want a mech as my svd won't fire anything lower than a. .9 ohm which would you say is the better mod out of nemesis or stingray an build quality I would say they was on par

Bbuck27

A genuine jd tech stingray will piss all over a nemesis at low ohms. I should know... I run my stingray between 0.3 and 0.12

A genuine jd tech stingray will piss all over a nemesis at low ohms. I should know... I run my stingray between 0.3 and 0.12

Sweet was steared more to the stingRay I like the engraving on it do you run a copper one or a ss one I do like the copper with the black outer cover but some say the black rubs off really easy and would be gutted if I payed out good money and it did rub off

Sweet was steared more to the stingRay I like the engraving on it do you run a copper one or a ss one I do like the copper with the black outer cover but some say the black rubs off really easy and would be gutted if I payed out good money and it did rub off

I run a brushed brass one (hated the fingerprints), so copper would out perform but will rub off the black!!!
Another one to look at is the Manhattan mod, or, the copper viggo

I run a brushed brass one (hated the fingerprints), so copper would out perform but will rub off the black!!!
Another one to look at is the Manhattan mod, or, the copper viggo

Do you know any good sources I can get them un cloned

Back
Top Bottom