What's new

It’s the only one for me, nicotine

Toby iVapour

Vendor
There is barely any mention in (any) media about the fact that a large percentage of nicotine users actually enjoy nicotine, despite it being addictive...

This article from Christopher Snowdon combats that, and the perception that smokers do not have "free choice", or are "enslaved"...
I mention this because the voice of the satisfied customer has been absent from the debate about smoking this week. Instead we have had to endure the nauseating sight of nicotine-deprived prohibitionists presenting themselves as champions of liberty. Their logic is that smoking is so addictive that it restricts freedom. They claim that smokers do not actually want to smoke, but were foolish enough to get hooked in childhood and are now unable to quit. And so, despite the evidence of your eyes and ears, it is the people who keep banning things who are standing up for freedom while libertarians support enslavement.
We have been told that smoking is not only a difficult habit for some people to break, but is almost impossible, so much so that smokers “face a lifetime of addiction”, as Bob Blackman MP put it, and that while smokers might say that they want to purchase tobacco, they actually do not.
It is difficult to reconcile this with figures from the Office for National Statistics which show that 69 per cent of all the people in England who have ever smoked are now non-smokers.
In the latest ONS survey, only 44.5 per cent said they intended to quit. When asked if they REALLY want to quit (the capital letters are in the survey question), this falls to 20 per cent...

On a similar topic (I think, because I can only see the first few lines, cos it's behind a paywall) -

To the non-smokers who back Rishi's ban I say: Just wait till they outlaw the one little pleasure YOU enjoy​

Back
Top Bottom