What's new

It won't happen to me?

Puffed Daddy

Achiever
Please read this, especially if you are of the thinking "it won't happen to me"

A friend of mine, 47 years old. Been sticking to the rules since all this Covid 19 started.
Lives with his wife of 27 years, she's 47 too.
2 teenage kids.
He decided, over Christmas, that he wasn't going to adhere to the rules 100 percent, bend them, just a little, so that he could toast his mates, few beers, in the garden.
Well, it ended up with 4 of them, in & out of his mates house, drinks, nibbles, sing song, but not really getting too close.
His Mrs, begged him not to, but he did saying "it'll be ok, we're all sensible"

He died on 4th January.
His wife has Covid. Currently in hospital.
His 13 year old daughter has not spoken since he died.
His 17 year old son tried to take his own life, thankfully, he's ok.

2 of the other 3 mates have contracted Covid 19. 1 is particularly ill.

His last words to his wife, via video call were "I'm so sorry, I got this wrong"

"It won't happen to me"

Let's hope not eh?

Stay safe, & take this seriously.

Sorry to hear that mate its the same thing with my daughter in law the whole of her side of the family all mixed over Christmas and they all caught covid in the new year and her father passed away the my son and daughter in law wanted to come to us on boxing day so glad the Mrs and i said no and stuck to the rules.

Sorry to hear that mate its the same thing with my daughter in law the whole of her side of the family all mixed over Christmas and they all caught covid in the new year and her father passed away the my son and daughter in law wanted to come to us on boxing day so glad the Mrs and i said no and stuck to the rules.
Well done mate, for sticking to your guns.
I've not seen my two kids, or Granddaughter, for a year. I had Covid (unconfirmed?) But had all the symptoms, thought I was a gonner, it was last Feb, & nobody knew about it. I spent 2 weeks in bed, couldn't breathe, really thought I was on my way out. I still feel lousy, tired all the time, and ache from head to toe.
It's a real nasty illness.
People STILL saying it's not that bad?
As I type this, they've just said the death toll for UK, over 100,000, and it's got a long way to go, in my opinion.
Keep safe mate.

Well done mate, for sticking to your guns.
I've not seen my two kids, or Granddaughter, for a year. I had Covid (unconfirmed?) But had all the symptoms, thought I was a gonner, it was last Feb, & nobody knew about it. I spent 2 weeks in bed, couldn't breathe, really thought I was on my way out. I still feel lousy, tired all the time, and ache from head to toe.
It's a real nasty illness.
People STILL saying it's not that bad?
As I type this, they've just said the death toll for UK, over 100,000, and it's got a long way to go, in my opinion.
Keep safe mate.
The wife and me both had it last Feb our sleeves and felt very ill and like you say nobody really knew about it here in the UK till March and we thought we had bad flu but we were showing all the symptoms of covid .
Keep safe yourself mate thanks.

Thats the face and the truth of "new normality".
It wont happen to me? You better do your best for nothing of that touches you.

Please read this, especially if you are of the thinking "it won't happen to me"

A friend of mine, 47 years old. Been sticking to the rules since all this Covid 19 started.
Lives with his wife of 27 years, she's 47 too.
2 teenage kids.
He decided, over Christmas, that he wasn't going to adhere to the rules 100 percent, bend them, just a little, so that he could toast his mates, few beers, in the garden.
Well, it ended up with 4 of them, in & out of his mates house, drinks, nibbles, sing song, but not really getting too close.
His Mrs, begged him not to, but he did saying "it'll be ok, we're all sensible"

He died on 4th January.
His wife has Covid. Currently in hospital.
His 13 year old daughter has not spoken since he died.
His 17 year old son tried to take his own life, thankfully, he's ok.

2 of the other 3 mates have contracted Covid 19. 1 is particularly ill.

His last words to his wife, via video call were "I'm so sorry, I got this wrong"

"It won't happen to me"

Let's hope not eh?

Stay safe, & take this seriously.
That is so sad & I'm sorry about your friend, tonight I watched panorama 100,000 deaths due to covid & I'm going to admit I cried my eyes out & until people take this seriously it's only going to get worse, last week I lost a good friend die to covid he did everything possible to stay safe & yet he is still gone for me & my family the jab can't come quick enough.

@Puffed Daddy very sad news indeed mate. It just goes to show how easy this nasty feker can be to get, yet there are still too many prepared to risk it [emoji22]

I hung out with my friend last night who thinks the virus is a hoax. Not the pandemic(which is different) but the virus itself.

It doesnt matter what u say, he believes what he believes, and he believes it.

I also found out he believes that the moon is hollow and possibly a spaceship. (Which was a totally new crazy theory to me)

This is an educated person...he weighed the info, and decided to go with option b.

Back
Top Bottom