What's new

Learnt a valuable lesson today...

aden

Postman
As the weather has been surprisingly good opted to take the kids to the beach, long story short I discovered that dropping your TFV8 in the sand when your 100 miles from home with no back up tank kinda F's up your day, bloody riddled from the drip tip to the air flow and everything inbetween including coil.

Decided to gut so I could clean it thoroughly (used running water, cotton buds and replaced seals), primed a new coil and resembled it but finding there is still sand in there as when I turn the air flow control still a scratchy sound and was curious to know whether anyone has any ideas on how to fix this as I'm puzzled?

I have a spare mod and Tank that lives in the little draw under my drivers seat just for such occasions !!!

Yuck, always got a stand by mod and tank. Would mis my vaping otherwise.

As @andy3434 said sounds like it's sonic bath time.

Im the same as @HAZZA1962 and @gavin 1, I always travel heavy and prepared if I'm on a day out.
My outing list contains:- 1 vw mod, 1 mech, 2 juices (one to refill tank and one for dripping) and some cotton. Spare batteries (depending on duration of outing)

Nothing sours a nice day out with the fam-a-lam then fucking up your vape and the subsequent hours spent sorting it and like a good little scout, it pays to be prepared.

The vapers code. Backup your backups backup. I too have a mod and tank in the centre consul of the car with a charger, spare coils and 20mls of juice.
Yep it's going to be an ultrasonic clean I'm afraid.

As the weather has been surprisingly good opted to take the kids to the beach, long story short I discovered that dropping your TFV8 in the sand when your 100 miles from home with no back up tank kinda F's up your day, bloody riddled from the drip tip to the air flow and everything inbetween including coil.

Decided to gut so I could clean it thoroughly (used running water, cotton buds and replaced seals), primed a new coil and resembled it but finding there is still sand in there as when I turn the air flow control still a scratchy sound and was curious to know whether anyone has any ideas on how to fix this as I'm puzzled?
Unless you can figure out how to remove the airflow ring (not always possible) then the only option is to hold it under running water and gently work the ring backwards and forwards - hopefully the movement and running water will help flush away the sand...

Sounds daft but if you've got a hosepipe try washing as tubby said. The extra water pressure may help. But for Christ sake don't use a pressure washer. You will either tear the paint off or it will fly off like a bullet.

Back
Top Bottom