What's new

Looking for Eliquids that don't contain Furaneol and Strawberry Aldehyde

Shaun OD

Initiate
I'm hoping that I'm posting this in the right section. So I've got a bit of a challenge so if people, manufacturers, vendors, etc can help I'd be really happy. So when I vape Strawberry eliquid, I get allergy problems such as mouth ulcers and bad chest. It's been like this since 2012 when I began vaping. Before that I would get mouth ulcers from certain sweets. It's taken me up until now to narrow down the alergen cause. I found out when I purchased some bvd project eliquid. One was orange and the other apple. I got the same issues as I did with Strawberry but they wasn't Strawberry. Upon reading the label I found 2 alergens both related to strawberry. Now on basically every website these alergens are not listed in eliquid descriptions so I'm looking for as many eliquids that don't contain the following

Allergen Furaneol also known as hydroxy dimethyl furanone. CAS number 3658-77-3

Alergen Ethyl-Methylphenylglycidate(strawberry glycidate) | CAS number
77-83-8
If I could wish for one thing surrounding eliquid, it would be that possible alergens was listed 1 in larger letters and 2 it was included in the description on all websites.
I do make my own juice and I look through countless MSDS/SDS Safety Data Sheets to check to see if the concentrates are free from those ingredients. But it would be great if I had a way to purchase premade Eliquid more easily, as many times I have to either just risk it being OK or try to contact manufacturers to see if I can have any in a particular range. Some have been helpful, some I don't get any response. So if you know of any eliquids that are free from those ingredients I'd be greatly grateful if you could put it in the comments so that I can look back on in the future.
20240214_234859.jpg

it’s tricky, your best bet might be to email manufacturers directly and ask them.
Yeah I know it's been a tough one to navigate. I just wish companies listed them on the description on websites. It would make it so much easier when searching juice.

the thing with specific flavour chemicals is that even concentrates you buy won’t always declare it. if they are below a certain percentage they can claim commercial sensitivity. so a lot of liquid manufacturers maybe don’t actually know, or maybe would have to contact the flavour house’s they use to confirm.

The only liquid I`ve seen to list furaneol is Kanzi from 12 Monkeys, from the little that I`ve read it is a naturally occuring compound found in strawberries and pineapple, but seeing that the flavours that we use are composed of chemical substitutes that mimic naturals, it should be possible to construct flavours that dont contain it.

The only liquid I`ve seen to list furaneol is Kanzi from 12 Monkeys, from the little that I`ve read it is a naturally occuring compound found in strawberries and pineapple, but seeing that the flavours that we use are composed of chemical substitutes that mimic naturals, it should be possible to construct flavours that dont contain it.

A quick google finds a couple that list if it's in it or not, suppose it would be great if they all did

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/e-liquids/ivg-beyond-e-liquid-shortfills.html
https://www.edgevaping.com/products/edge-strawberry-e-liquid?variant=33565960437891

Back
Top Bottom