What's new

Loss of flavour so quickly?

Jake12

Initiate
Hey team!

I’ve been smoking cigarettes for 16 years. I did, for around 3-4 months take up vaping around 2 years ago. Sadly, I went back to smokes. I was using a Caliburn pod system and also an Argus GT2.

Having paid almost £18 for a packet of smokes the other day, and having a near heart attack at the till because of it, I decided to give vaping another go.

I bought myself an Aspire PockeX, simply as a I read lots of good reviews on it. I think maybe last time I jumped into the Mod devices too quickly, so wanna stick with a MTL for longer this time.

I’m using a 1.2ohm coil with 10mg Nic salts at 50:50. My issue is, I seem to be losing flavour wayyyyyy too quickly. For example, only yesterday afternoon did I change the coil for a fresh one. Added some new juice that I haven’t tried before too. However, only a few hours after did the flavour start to taste, well, bland and dull, as if it was gone. The coil isn’t burnt and I’m not tasting any burnt flavours. I do get subtle hints of the juice flavour, but nothing compared to when the coil had just been changed.

I do admit, I chain vape a lot. Vapers tongue? Surely not though, not after only a few hours?

This is the second time now, that the coils in this device have began to taste bland to me after only a few hours of vaping them with just only slight hints of it.

Any ideas?

Hey,

What liquid are you using, and are you letting it soak into the coil for 10 minutes before vaping on it? That's a key step with any type of coil.

I'm normally use rebuildable tanks and RBAs but recently got into pods with the Vaporesso XROS 3 and find the flavour in the 1.0ohm COREX pods lasts ages. I can get through 2 or more 10ml bottles before it drops off and I need to change the pod. This is vaping sweet, dessert nic salts by Supergood. My girlfriend uses various bar salts like Elfliq in hers and they work great too.

I've never used the PockeX but I think a few others on the forum have so hopefully one of them will appear and offer some advice.

Hey,

What liquid are you using, and are you letting it soak into the coil for 10 minutes before vaping on it? That's a key step with any type of coil.

I'm normally use rebuildable tanks and RBAs but recently got into pods with the Vaporesso XROS 3 and find the flavour in the 1.0ohm COREX pods lasts ages. I can get through 2 or more 10ml bottles before it drops off and I need to change the pod. This is vaping sweet, dessert nic salts by Supergood. My girlfriend uses various bar salts like Elfliq in hers and they work great too.

I've never used the PockeX but I think a few others on the forum have so hopefully one of them will appear and offer some advice.
Hey!

Yeah, I’m priming the coils and letting them sit for 5/10 mins in a full tank before use.

The currently juice I have in is Elfiq actually!

Hey!

Yeah, I’m priming the coils and letting them sit for 5/10 mins in a full tank before use.

The currently juice I have in is Elfiq actually!

Hmm, that stuff should be pretty flavourful!

Is it compatible with any other Aspire coils like the Nautilus range?

Hmm, that stuff should be pretty flavourful!

Is it compatible with any other Aspire coils like the Nautilus range?
It is. But I still have a full pack of pockex coils to get through first. I’ll give the nautilus ones a try once this pack is done.

I’m wondering whether it is indeed vapers tongue? Although, without wasting this coil, reckon I could just fill the tank up with a new juice to see? Or would it just not taste right? Haha

Only PockeX coils or Nautilus X coils will fit in it. My other half uses one but I've always found them lacking when it comes to flavour but not that they suddenly drop off. It's been around for some time now and these sort of devices have come a long way since then.

I need to have a few set-ups on the go with different juices, as the flavour drops off for me if i only vape the one device.

The last Elfliq I used was the cola luckily I tried it in the MTL RTA so I could rewick as it really gunked up very fast.

Back
Top Bottom