What's new

Low nicotine, low profits

People would gradually reduce the nic well aware of the toxins, with a view to quit(surely beats/helps going cold turkey....Im no expert and Im assuming that nic is the most addictive substance in cigarettes
Some may (but we don't know for sure because cigarettes aren't available in a range of nicotine strengths)...
.. but in this day and age when you can vape instead, most people would (and do) just that...

i.e. It's loads easier (and more pleasurable) to quit smoking via vaping, rather than (in the hypothetical scenario) gradually cut down nicotine in cigarettes, especially when there would be a high probability that you would simply smoke more of the low nic fags (to get the nicotine you desire).

People would gradually reduce the nic well aware of the toxins, with a view to quit(surely beats/helps going cold turkey....Im no expert and Im assuming that nic is the most addictive substance in cigarettes

A reasonable quit smoking strategy using regular cigarettes is to gradually smoke less, therefore less nicotine. I recall this was a horribly difficult exercise and thanked fuck for the advent of vaping.
Introducing a low nicotine cigarette is a completely pointless exercise. What were these thick as shitters thinking? :)

Some may (but we don't know for sure because cigarettes aren't available in a range of nicotine strengths)...
.. but in this day and age when you can vape instead, most people would (and do) just that...

i.e. It's loads easier (and more pleasurable) to quit smoking via vaping, rather than (in the hypothetical scenario) gradually cut down nicotine in cigarettes, especially when there would be a high probability that you would simply smoke more of the low nic fags (to get the nicotine you desire).

TPD cut the nicotine, folks adapted to lower nic when faced with little to no choice

A reasonable quit smoking strategy using regular cigarettes is to gradually smoke less, therefore less nicotine. I recall this was a horribly difficult exercise and thanked fuck for the advent of vaping.
Introducing a low nicotine cigarette is a completely pointless exercise. What were these thick as shitters thinking? :)

I mentioned that was too drastic a cut.....but make a range, give folks a choice.....see how it goes.

TPD cut the nicotine, folks adapted to lower nic when faced with little to no choice
When the TPD came in, it happened to coincide with higher powered devices becoming the norm, so higher nic strengths (above 20mg) were not required by most vapers...

And those that still required higher nic, many of them found ways to do it... ;)

When the TPD came in, it happened to coincide with higher powered devices becoming the norm, so higher nic strengths (above 20mg) were not required by most vapers...

And those that still required higher nic, many of them found ways to do it... ;)

yet here we are with low power 20mg disposables everywhere....Look Im not bothered either way, but big tobacco have a vested interest in keeping fags as strong in nic as can be....so maybe just maybe follow the money

A reasonable quit smoking strategy using regular cigarettes is to gradually smoke less, therefore less nicotine. I recall this was a horribly difficult exercise

start with 20 fags and a pair of scissors. after you smoke the first one, for each subsequent one you just cut off 1cm more with the scissors. when you find yourself trying to light a filter, that’s you. congratulations. :)

Many, many moons ago I was in long-term Bed & Breakfast.
The landlady smoked Piccadilly in the old style flat 10+10 packs.
One day she couldn’t get any of her normal type, only a pack of king size.
She sat at the breakfast table and cut them down to size to fit into the “normal” packet :doh:

yet here we are with low power 20mg disposables everywhere....
Disposables are not nearly as low power as they used to be 10 years ago.. this seems to be the main reason they have taken off so much...

Old school disposables were under powered with tiny batteries (and over-priced) = not fit for purpose really.
.. but big tobacco have a vested interest in keeping fags as strong in nic as can be....so maybe just maybe follow the money
Their supposed endgame is to phase out cigarettes for a smoke-free world apparently...
So yeah, keep fags strong while people keep moving to non-combustible nicotine alternatives, and have hands in both pies in the meantime...
https://www.pmi.com/sustainability/our-2025-roadmap

Many, many moons ago I was in long-term Bed & Breakfast.
The landlady smoked Piccadilly in the old style flat 10+10 packs.
One day she couldn’t get any of her normal type, only a pack of king size.
She sat at the breakfast table and cut them down to size to fit into the “normal” packet :doh:

the original lower nic fag :)

Back
Top Bottom