What's new

Making Custard In Bulk (with or without Nic?)

Put the nic in before you steep. In my experience nic speeds up the steep. @Ment is right.

Stronger juice also steps faster. You can do an experiment to try this out.

Ok... I think I’m getting this now. So I basically mix up all my ingredients to make a base and treat that base as a new flavour. For example:

Van Custard v1 - 40%
Cheesecake (G Cracker) - 30%
Vanilla Shisha (INW) - 20%
Bean Ice Cream (TPA) - 10%

This totals to 100% ‘custard base’ and leave that to steep 4+ weeks.

THEN - making a recipe will be something like this:

70/30 VG/PG - 3MG nic

Custard Base from above - 10%
Strawberry Ripe - 4%
Sweet strawberry - 4%

Leave for a few more days to blend, then vape!

Is that right?

There are various ways, and no-one can say which is better. I use the method you describe for making a concentrate from multiple brands of the same or similar flavours.

I'm not sure there's any benefit in mixing 6 different strawberries or other fruits together, but three where it really works are vanilla, creams and toffee types, which appear to start steeping once mixed and become very pungent in no time.

There are various ways, and no-one can say which is better. I use the method you describe for making a concentrate from multiple brands of the same or similar flavours.

I'm not sure there's any benefit in mixing 6 different strawberries or other fruits together, but three where it really works are vanilla, creams and toffee types, which appear to start steeping once mixed and become very pungent in no time.

Yeah this is the way I’ve read most online and the way I was going to approach it.

So I’m doing it the way I explained and the way you confirm you do the same does it actually help mature the custard?

So when I go to make a strawberry custard for example, Can I just use my pre mixed/pre steeped custard and add my strawberries + VG/pg + nic and shake up and vape away OR would say that custard now blended with the strawberry need a further steep?

My main aim here is to not have to wait 4,5,6,7 weeks for a damn custard if I can have a pre mixed one work the same.

If you mix as you described will it just simply still be a concentrate?

Yeah I suppose you might be right there. I know mixing custards is a game of patience before it gets really good so I thought mixing bulk would be easier but this whole damn process is confusing the heck out of me.

I’ve resorted to mixing 4 different custards yesterday at 30ml... going to leave them all for 4-6 weeks and then vape them, whichever I feel was the best mix for me is the one I’m going to use as my custard base and just mix fresh batches with fruit and steep 4-6 weeks again.

Just not getting my head around this particular pre-steeped process so best I just keep it simple and have patience.

Depending on what you are adding, I prefer steeping custard in a bigger batch then decant to smaller bottles and add fruits etc. I’ve found that steeping strawberry, pear and suchlike with the custard makes the fruit flavour a bit muddled and flat.

Yeah I suppose you might be right there. I know mixing custards is a game of patience before it gets really good so I thought mixing bulk would be easier but this whole damn process is confusing the heck out of me.

I’ve resorted to mixing 4 different custards yesterday at 30ml... going to leave them all for 4-6 weeks and then vape them, whichever I feel was the best mix for me is the one I’m going to use as my custard base and just mix fresh batches with fruit and steep 4-6 weeks again.

Just not getting my head around this particular pre-steeped process so best I just keep it simple and have patience.

It's far simpler for me. I tend to vape plain custard or use it as a base - I rarely vape fruit custards.

Last time, I made 300ml each of FA, Capella and CCW. They were all so good I couldn't choose between them, so mixed them all together and the result is even better.

Depending on what you are adding, I prefer steeping custard in a bigger batch then decant to smaller bottles and add fruits etc. I’ve found that steeping strawberry, pear and suchlike with the custard makes the fruit flavour a bit muddled and flat.

This is what I felt. Fruits sometimes get lost in the steep. So wanted to approach it by making big batches of custard and decant into smaller bottles as you said then add fruits. But must admit I’m confused.

Could you or anyone explain from the top how I would do this step by step. Please.

It's far simpler for me. I tend to vape plain custard or use it as a base - I rarely vape fruit custards.

Last time, I made 300ml each of FA, Capella and CCW. They were all so good I couldn't choose between them, so mixed them all together and the result is even better.

I do like a good custard by itself as well. Just sometimes like to mix it up.

Ok, mix the custard. Whatever amount you like, I usually do a few 100ml bottles. Steep for the desired time (at leat 2 weeks for me but longer is better).

Then I split this into 50ml bottles and add whatever either concentrate I want in there at that point, shake, and it’s usually good straight away or depending on what you added, however let by you like to leave it (for example if I add fig I would usually leave it another week).

Back
Top Bottom