What's new

Making my own E liquid

You need a set of scales that weigh to 0.01g like these (you'll probbo find cheaper elsewhere)

www.amazon.co.uk/Criacr-High-precision-Multifunctional-Stainless-Batteries/dp/B01JKX4QAC/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1OURLAY7BWS4&keywords=0.01+scales&qid=1554527857&s=gateway&sprefix=0.01+%2Caps%2C260&sr=8-4

I'll roll out that old phrase 'taste is subjective' here, only you can tell whether 15% is right, hence making a few 5-10ml testers. If you think about it, the difference between 10% and 20% is enormous, so manufacturers realise its very much down to your taste.
:14:

Well i like a strong taste..but 20% might be a tad too strong!

Thanks for the link, £12 is pretty reasonable.

Well i like a strong taste..but 20% might be a tad too strong!

Thanks for the link, £12 is pretty reasonable.
Im all about making things easier and if it was a recipe then yes small samples because you may need to adjust a flavour in the mix but a 1 shot flavour you know you like i woildnt be messing about with a 10ml sample its fiddly and time consuming , if it was me i would just mix it at 20% in a larger bottle and if it was too strong i would dilute it down because making a large mix of unflavoured liquid to add to the big mix is easier than messing with .7ml here and 1.4ml there

Im all about making things easier and if it was a recipe then yes small samples because you may need to adjust a flavour in the mix but a 1 shot flavour you know you like i woildnt be messing about with a 10ml sample its fiddly and time consuming , if it was me i would just mix it at 20% in a larger bottle and if it was too strong i would dilute it down because making a large mix of unflavoured liquid to add to the big mix is easier than messing with .7ml here and 1.4ml there

Okay thanks Matty, will bear that in mind.

Where's the best place in the UK to get PET bottles and syringes from? I'd prefer not to get them from China, but i presume they're readily available in the uk?

Aye ebay will be good for syringes but be careful, many of them ship from china so you could be waiting a while.

Ah cool cheers for that Matty.

It has occured to me...that i have kept some shortfill 'unicorn' PET bottles...i could just wash those out! Recycling an awl that! :D

But syringes i can probably get on ebay, me thinks..
If there of a similar or the same flavour profile then i would wash them out been better for the environment and all that shit plus its cheaper [emoji3] and you don't need syringes if your mixing by weight you need ketchup bottles or any type you can drip liquid in small quantity, syringes are a messy way to mix

These
31TH6GfmyPL._SX425_.jpeg

Aye ebay will be good for syringes but be careful, many of them ship from china so you could be waiting a while.

True....i have fallen to that on a couple of occasions, so i now check the vendor's business address and delivery times! :)2

Bar a pair of decent digital scales rated to 0.01g, which can be got almost anywhere...is there anything else one needs with DIY juice making?

If there of a similar or the same flavour profile then i would wash them out been better for the environment and all that shit plus its cheaper [emoji3] and you don't need syringes if your mixing by weight you need ketchup bottles or any type you can drip liquid in small quantity, syringes are a messy way to mix

I was thinking the syringes would be useful for acuracy Matty! Somehow, i can't imagine pouring exactly the quantities Steam Engine provides, easily done with any of the base ingredients. Like, for eg, 231.06mls would be tricky to achieve bang on! lol! :D

Back
Top Bottom