What's new

Me and my YouTube reviews - JackDrips

jack drips

Yes yes okay I know, there are already a metric s*@% load of reviewers out there, they all have their own unique styles of reviewing products, or doing vlogs etc, but I now have my own channel!

Just to give some quick background information about me and my time vaping, I am 19 years of age, I have been vaping for over a year now, and smoked for 2-3 years before that. I started with a rechargeable cig-a-like style crappy e-cig from Tesco. It was the 10 motives starter kit, with poor battery life and expensive non-refillable cartomisers, I used this alongside cigarettes for about 3 months, I had significantly reduced the amount I was smoking and I liked the fact that I could use it indoors with no real problems. BUT, and it's a big but, I was spending around 8 quid a week plus my 8 or 9 quid on roll up tobacco each week, I knew this was ridiculous so I then moved onto the humble ego with ce4 starter kit from liberty flights. It was in october so they had some 'stoptober' deal on that reduced the price enough to were I could consider making the financial leap of only £19.99. This seemed a lot to me at the time considering what I could get cigarette wise for that price. The tobacco flavoured E-Liquid it came with tasted like jalapeños, and the apple flavour I also purchased in 18mg was a little too strong on the throat hit and left me over nic'd quite often. But at first we all think, 'crap! this thing is amazing!' until the tank dies and starts tasting burnt. So I went on a hunt, a hunt to find out what I could get that was better than this.

I stumbled upon the almighty pbusardo, I loved his enthusiasm and the depth of his reviews, I noticed that in liquid reviews he would use 510 low res boge cartos. So I picked up a pack of five from liberty flights, chucked it on my ego with some tobacco flavoured liquid and I fell in love with everything about these cartos, the saturated vape, the ease of use and even the awesome crackling sound they made! But alas, they barely lasted a week, and I found that I was still spending too much, and too often.

My next device was the Innokin itaste mvp 2.0, I scoured the web for reviewers, and I found a lot of great personalities, but the one that stuck out and that I still like the absolute most, is the legendary grimmgreen. So when my package came with the mvp and also the protank 2 mini, I was extremely happy with the vape, but then again, I still had to buy over priced (and poor quality control) heads from kanger that wouldn't take long get burnt or leak absolutely everywhere. So at this point I searched for a way to make these heads better, I went and found riptrippers, I watched his video about rebuilding pro tank heads, I purchased some 28g kanthal and maxim hygiene organic cotton (which I still have and use) and with a little practice and a little struggle, i rebuilt them successfully and was able to turn the mvp up to it's maximum of 11 watts and enjoy a vape like I have never had before.

I knew there was something about rebuilding that made the vape so enjoyable, so for months I was watching videos from grimm, phil, riptrippers and scott on mechs and RDAs, and I didn't understand much of what they were talking about, but I knew I wanted to learn about this other realm of vaping. So then I bought an Omega clone RDA and built a 1.5 ohm coil and put it on my mvp and was once again super impressed with the vape, I loved the experience, but hated the heat up time, at 11 watts, it really does take a while to get any amount of heat or vapour from your RDA.

After this experience I bought a Nemesis clone, a sony VTC5, an xtar wp2 charger and a volt meter. I started off rebuilding at about 0.8 ohms, then gradually built lower and lower, making sure I was safe but still getting a decent vape.

A few more months on, and now my collection is a lot larger, my stack of empty juice bottles is the size of a small building and my love for vaping is at an all time, ever increasing high.

My review style and the aim I am going for, is as a UK reviewer living in the UK, I consider myself as having the 'american' stye of vaping, I only ever use RDA's, I vape 3mg juice, and love mechs and high wattage regulated devices. So if you like that style of vaping, then I would love it if you would come over to my channel and watch some of my videos. I upload them in 720p quality and I try and cram as much information and personal thoughts in as I can.

Thank you for reading/watching and I'll see you over on my channel!

Jack Drips - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom