What's new

MTL mod/pod?

if you're looking at the Klypse, give some serious consideration to the Caliburn G2 as well. You can change the airflow, the coils are replaceable, it charges in about 25 minutes, doesn't leak, and the coils give excellent flavour. I have the Klypse and Caliburn G2, and would recommend the G2.

Oh, that's interesting, I'll add the caliburn to my list. Thanks!

Another vote for the klypse from me. Loads of folk seem to like the caliburn g2 also.

If you're going the tank route, I'd recommend mesh coils as they seem to produce the best flavour. Personally I've been impressed with the fireluke (kindly donated to me by @ForestMagpie) and the nicolas 2 by vapefly.

I'd heard/read that mesh coils were excellent for flavour - they didn't even exist the last time I was vaping!

I'd heard/read that mesh coils were excellent for flavour - they didn't even exist the last time I was vaping!
They are good. I ditched stock coils a while ago in favour of RTAs, but the flavour of mesh coils has taken me by surprise.

But no stock coils are quite as good as RTAs for me. Even when the flavour is bang on, they lack a certain something.

Resisted the urge to say je ne sais quoi. :)

If you go for the tank and mod route, here are some well-rated solid MTL stock coil tanks: Innokin Zenith 2, Innokin Zlide, Freemax Fireluke 22, Aspire Nautilus 3 and forthcoming Vaporesso iTank X.

It makes sense to me to go for tank & mod, it will be more robust than a pod. Combine one of these tanks with a tough waterproof mod, such as the ones listed by Crispycritters and you'll have something sturdy and long-lasting.

The Innokin Adept Zlide mentioned earlier has an IP67-rated mod with the Zlide tank, sounds ideal if you fancy a mod with integrated battery.

Last edited:
AS i said, the Vandy vape Jackaroo mini (or particularly the pod), should suit all eventualities, but it might be a bit loose for an MTLer. (The pod kit should be fine). GeekVape also make things that might be suitable, but unfortunately their quality does seem to be declining at the moment, so you might be want to pick up an older model, at a cheaper price, if you go the airier route.

The Lost Vape Grus would be an excellent choice in all departments, if you can handle any airier draw. You could always pair it with an and MTL tank until you adapt and if that becomes your direction.

Personally, I like the Vapefly Optima and Jackaroo Pods, but each to their own.

In terms of small devices look to @Innokin. The Sceptre has never let me down and been my go small device for nearly two years.

Hi , although I don't post often I'm a regular reader of the forum, I work outside all the time and since the innokin adept zlide kit was born I've used nothing else whilst at work , I now own 3 of these wonderful basic kits (different colours for different flavours) and trust me the mod is virtually indestructible, but you can still damage the tank when dropped . I also own the MVP5 mod for when I have to work away . It is also ip rated and has a massive battery and for mtl vaping, it lasts me 5 days but isn't cheap. So my main recommendation is the innokin adept zlide for your circumstances. Cheers Rob. Ps great range of stock coils for the zlide tank.

Best stock coil MTL Tank i have used is the Nautilus 3, even though i am mainly rebuildables i try and keep a spot in my Rotation for it, The Coils for it are great for flavour and also give you some longevity which is always a good thing for Stock Coil Tanks.

Thank you so much everyone for your help and advice! I've checked out all of your suggestions and have decided to go for the innokin adept zlide combo as several of you have mentioned how rugged it is - that combined with its pocket friendly size and cost put it in first place, although you've also given me lots of other options should shinyitis bite!!

@whirlybird

Is this something you've brought already or are going to I'm sure I've got one which is virtually untouched which I don't mind selling on to save you some money but if you want brand new would be understandable

Sam

@whirlybird

Is this something you've brought already or are going to I'm sure I've got one which is virtually untouched which I don't mind selling on to save you some money but if you want brand new would be understandable

Sam

Wow! Thanks Sam, that's really kind of you, and no, I haven't already purchased - was going to do that today! I'd be really interested in buying yours, do you want to drop me a pm and we can take it from there?

Bryony

Back
Top Bottom