What's new

MVP3 coming soon

Dr Manhattan

Achiever
The MVP2, by Innokin, has become a staple of the electronic cigarette world. Famed for its consistency and durability, as well as the handy feature of being able to use it as an external phone battery charger! But times change, and new things appear. And with that, comes the MVP3. Innokin have just announced the device, whether it will match the consistency and durability of its predecessor remains to be seen. But you’d have to expect it will meet the expectations and more. Whilst information, and pictures, are scarce. Innokin have released a few details.

Here is what Innokin had to say:

There will be more than one edition. One will be at a lower price point that will be at least 30W as well as an advanced edition that will run a customized Evolv chipset with precise higher wattage and feature new advances in technology which take it above and beyond the competition. There may be another very innovative model which will be launched in the future as well.
The MVP3.0 will continue to have the device recharging feature which has made the MVP2.0 so useful and popular. It has also been designed to be durable.
The MVP3.0 will have a larger battery capacity than the MVP2.0.
We have listened to the community and the upgraded MVP3.0 form factor as well as the position of power button and micro-usb charging port.

The Innokin iTaste MVP2, what will the MVP3 look like?

The iTaste MVP3.0 will have a high quality OLED screen.
I know the engineering team understands the value of the spring loaded connector.
The device is designed to be durable and I believe has some of the same upgrades as the SVD2.0 including modular easy to repair components and other advancements.
We have worked closely with Brandon and John and the Evolv edition will have a customized chip and feature innovative top of the line vaping technology.
We are hoping to have one of the editions available in time for Christmas and as soon as I have more information I will announce it first here on Reddit.
We do not have prices available yet however affordability is a key factor.
Interestingly, 30W seems to be the standard output with a more advanced version having the capability of a higher wattage output. Will we see Innokin push the wattage boundaries?
30 Watts seems to be the standard output with a more advanced version having the capability of a higher wattage output. Will we see Innokin push the wattage boundaries? Regardless, we’re expecting something special. The MVP3 is still some way off, however, but we will keep you guys updated with all the latest information as we get it.

Source: Innokin Announce The MVP3 « UK ECIG STORE - BLOG « UK Ecig Store

Wonder if they'll upgrade the 134 :flames:

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

The MVP2, by Innokin, has become a staple of the electronic cigarette world. Famed for its consistency and durability, as well as the handy feature of being able to use it as an external phone battery charger! But times change, and new things appear. And with that, comes the MVP3. Innokin have just announced the device, whether it will match the consistency and durability of its predecessor remains to be seen. But you’d have to expect it will meet the expectations and more. Whilst information, and pictures, are scarce. Innokin have released a few details.

Here is what Innokin had to say:

There will be more than one edition. One will be at a lower price point that will be at least 30W as well as an advanced edition that will run a customized Evolv chipset with precise higher wattage and feature new advances in technology which take it above and beyond the competition. There may be another very innovative model which will be launched in the future as well.
The MVP3.0 will continue to have the device recharging feature which has made the MVP2.0 so useful and popular. It has also been designed to be durable.
The MVP3.0 will have a larger battery capacity than the MVP2.0.
We have listened to the community and the upgraded MVP3.0 form factor as well as the position of power button and micro-usb charging port.

The Innokin iTaste MVP2, what will the MVP3 look like?

The iTaste MVP3.0 will have a high quality OLED screen.
I know the engineering team understands the value of the spring loaded connector.
The device is designed to be durable and I believe has some of the same upgrades as the SVD2.0 including modular easy to repair components and other advancements.
We have worked closely with Brandon and John and the Evolv edition will have a customized chip and feature innovative top of the line vaping technology.
We are hoping to have one of the editions available in time for Christmas and as soon as I have more information I will announce it first here on Reddit.
We do not have prices available yet however affordability is a key factor.
Interestingly, 30W seems to be the standard output with a more advanced version having the capability of a higher wattage output. Will we see Innokin push the wattage boundaries?
30 Watts seems to be the standard output with a more advanced version having the capability of a higher wattage output. Will we see Innokin push the wattage boundaries? Regardless, we’re expecting something special. The MVP3 is still some way off, however, but we will keep you guys updated with all the latest information as we get it.

Source: Innokin Announce The MVP3 « UK ECIG STORE - BLOG « UK Ecig Store

Wonder if they'll upgrade the 134 :flames:

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

;) I want one

images

Despite that - a bloody good read lol

Yep, the DNA40 chip in the top end version makes a lot of sense. It's a great development.
But no temperature control feature for builds using kanthal wire? That's the best feature pretty much useless for me. :(

Yep, the DNA40 chip in the top end version makes a lot of sense. It's a great development.
But no temperature control feature for builds using kanthal wire? That's the best feature pretty much useless for me. :(

Non resistance wire is around the same price as kanthal. £6.50 for 50m of 0.3mm.

Looking forward to this. I wonder if Santa will bring me one?

Non resistance wire is around the same price as kanthal. £6.50 for 50m of 0.3mm.
That's true but I'm stocked, as many rebuilders are, with Kanthal wire ... various gauges, single, twisted and flat/ribbon.
Seems to me that Evolv have decided that safety is the number one priority and in so doing they have made the best the enemy of the good.

I would ask ... what is so bad about Kanthal that it cannot figure in Evolv's vision of the future of vaping?

Perhaps more evidence will come to light as the DNA40's objectives and Dr Farsalinos's research into coil temperatures are openly discussed.

That's true but I'm stocked, as many rebuilders are, with Kanthal wire ... various gauges, single, twisted and flat/ribbon.
Seems to me that Evolv have decided that safety is the number one priority and in so doing they have made the best the enemy of the good.

I would ask ... what is so bad about Kanthal that it cannot figure in Evolv's vision of the future of vaping?

Perhaps more evidence will come to light as the DNA40's objectives and Dr Farsalinos's research into coil temperatures are openly discussed.

The DNA40 will run Kanthal Just fine, I think however that it is a particular property of Nickel wire that is being exploited here, Kanthal is Designed to maintain it's resistance at higher temperatures wheras if I remember correctly Nickel begins increase in resistance quite dramatically (for a metal). I would assume that this change is monitored (Brandon did mention that The DNA40 does like the coil to be the same temp as the mod and if you unscrew / screw on an atty it sometimes asks if this is the same atty) Presumably by reading the resistance of the room temperature coil and watching how it responds they can use some kind of algorithm to create a control loop that maintains the atty at a precise resistance above the original reading thereby maintaining a specific temperature...:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom