What's new

MVP3 coming soon

Watched the video, impressive bit of kit and looking forward to finding out more about it in use. Don't think I'll be one of the first to jump on the bandwagon though, I'll sit back and let others do the testing first.

What amazes me is how in the world would it know if it's got a nickel coil or a kanthol coil on it without you telling it when all it can really do is measure the resistance? Maybe it has to be fired first before it can tell, much the same as it takes a fire to tell you how many volts it's gona put through it to give you your set watts.

I've got a pretty good understanding of the ohms law side of things, I drive a truck now but I'm a sparky to trade. I still can't get my head round how it can measure temps with multi coil setups in that way without you telling it how many coils it has.

Say you have a 0.8ohm single coil firing at 3.7volts you'd have about 17watts going through the coil and the heat to go with it. Now if you had two 1.6 coils in parallel you'd only have around 8.5watts through each coil but still have 17 watts over all. Surely that means the juice at any point in the dual coil set up would come to a much lower temp than the single coil one.

I know the temperature isn't measured from the coil resistance but from the change in resistance as it heats up but surely the sum of that change has to be divided by the number of coils to get the heat at each one???

They spoke about series coils too which isn't used much in vaping but is easier to understand how they can measure the temp as it's effectively just one coil anyway.

And there was me thinking vaping was going to be easy hehe

Maybe I should have posted this in the DNA40 thread too

It doesnt matter how many coils there are, they start at a fixed resistance and change at a predictable rate as the coil temp increases, the rate of change wil be the same no matter how many coils...

mvp3product-01.png

Back
Top Bottom