What's new

My head hurts now,volts+amps+ohms

Batteries are salvaged from old laptop/netbook so no idea on details other than max volts from any is 4.5 volts.

Sent by lazer from just north of the world's largest nuclear dustbin

Attachments

• 1383258517959.jpg
    1383258517959.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 25
Bollox,tried load this 1 same time as mod pic.

Sent by lazer from just north of the world's largest nuclear dustbin

Attachments

• 1383259019837.jpg
    1383259019837.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 26
Well an output current over 3a would roast the board unless you have a heatsink the size of wales on it so it's safe to assume you aren't pushing the batteries that hard...

Sorry Chegs, I understand your personal situation but I can only point out you are pushing the parameters of safety way beyond where they are designed to be and strongly advise that you stop what you are doing. You are not dealing with Nicads or Nihms but lithium-ion, a very inflammable and explosive combination of battery chemistry.

If you are living alone then it's just you and the property but if you have a family there then consider them. What you are doing is extremely hazardous.

That coil is really loose and will be dry most of the time, I bet its glowing red hot :)

You need fresh wick, and all the wraps of wire should touch the wick, but not each other...

Sorry Chegs, I understand your personal situation but I can only point out you are pushing the parameters of safety way beyond where they are designed to be and strongly advise that you stop what you are doing. You are not dealing with Nicads or Nihms but lithium-ion, a very inflammable and explosive combination of battery chemistry.

If you are living alone then it's just you and the property but if you have a family there then consider them. What you are doing is extremely hazardous.

I understand this,I also have a selection of NiCad batteries from my hobby of flying models.I don't live alone either but I do work in a separate room to anyone else so if the Li-Ions did go boom,I'm likely the only one going to suffer.As for fire risks,there's an open door 4 feet away.

Ahhh,thanks Steve.I guess I'll have to build my 40,000th wick/coil tonight & see what that does.I didn't notice the slackness of the coil as it WAS nice & snug when 1st wound(but guess the fumbled atty drops have jarred it into the image I uploaded)As for ohm readings,the multimeter appears to be badly calibrated as I just checked one of the CE4 machine made coils & they read 3.0 ohms too.

Back
Top Bottom