What's new

Need to replace mini setup - advice appreciated!

felttippens

I need to replace my whole setup and I’d really appreciate any help as I’m overwhelmed by options and can’t afford to keep going by trial and error! I’m looking for the smallest possible replacement which will give me the same feel I have now

I guess the important thing to say is I have a setup right now which I’m told is ‘unusual’ (that might just be my coil/settings which I’ll detail in a sec) but I’m totally happy with after years of ‘not quite right’s. Unfortunately I really can’t keep using it - to be honest it’s a wonder the mod hasn’t exploded on me yet, it’s coming apart at the sides and almost certainly isn’t safe to use (I know, I know, no lectures on that please!). But the model (I’ll give specs below) has been discontinued so isn’t an option. The tank is also totally battered and the screw thread is very worn - basically I just need to replace everything.

However I’ve had a nightmare trying to find anything which will give the same results - I’ve been into 3 different stores and on their advice walked away with things which it then turned out really weren’t right for me. I can’t afford to keep getting it wrong! I know the specs and have had one device or another for years, but there’s a lot of ins and outs I don’t know so apologies if I miss anything. I’d really appreciate any advice!

One important thing which is making life difficult is the SIZE! I really don’t want anything bigger than what I currently have - the smaller the better. I’d also rather not heavily compromise on the battery life, but want to keep the same feel I currently have.
Sorry for the long post but I’ve tried to include specs so any helpful souls don’t have to google parts etc

What I’m using now and trying to ‘recreate’:
- Mod: Aspire Rover 2 NX40
(Size: 65 x 36 x 24.5mm
Capacity: 2200mah
1-40W)
- Tank: Innokin Prism T20s
My ‘settings’:
- I use an 0.8 coil
- My current tank isn’t adjustable but has just the right amount of airflow for me. I’ve also liked the feel of Nautilus tanks, basically not so restricted that I have to pull too hard but not so much that it feels too ‘airy’
- I have it set on 12W and with the 0.8 coil that gives me the ‘hit’ I like. It seems to be a bit ‘throat burny’ for other people but just my preference! (Admittedly I smoked very strong cigarettes before swapping). Other devices I’ve had set up to 20W but don’t think I’ve used much past that (I’m guessing I get an adequate throat hit because I use low resistance coils? Really not sure)

Other things:
- I didn’t buy the Aspire Rover as a kit because EVERY Aspire tank I’ve ever owned has leaked pretty badly (I’ve had several of the Nautilus series)
- I also didn’t get the tank as a kit because the mod it comes with is too weedy XD
- The last device I bought on very confident advice from staff in the store I went to was the Aspire Flexus Stik but it’s just all wrong and frustratingly I don’t really know why. According to the specs it should be outputting about the same as I use now but the best way I can put it is that it doesn’t feel as ‘concentrated’? I use the ‘fire’ mode (ie pressing the button) because the ‘auto-draw’ mode just felt like nothing
- I’d be happy to get a kit if I could find the right one as they’re usually cheaper, but am open to anything
- If I’m being suuuper picky I’d prefer something which doesn’t look like a piece of military equipment! Current setup is all black, I can put the LED display in ‘stealth’ mode and the mod has nice rounded edges so it all looks a bit more, well, elegant?! I’m 5’1” and female with tiny hands so I’d feel silly with one of the huge neon ultra-‘masculine’ devices which seem to be everywhere! But the size is the only thing which is really a deal-breaker.

I know I’m being quite specific but I really like my current setup and I’m sure there must be a way of getting the same results! I’d be really grateful for any feedback or advice, and sorry again for such a long post :)

You can also buy the Rover Plus mod separately and maybe pair it with the Nautlius 3 tank which in my experience has been great, no leaks, easy to use and vapes a treat with the 1ohm mesh coil.

Thanks guys :) I didn’t realise there was a newer Rover model, it’s a bit bigger and not as lovely and rounded but seems like it might be my best bet. I’ve considered the Coolfire Z50 too but it’s tricky when I don’t know why I like what I have now!

How about a orion 2 it's like a pod system but you can change the couls out and you can get a 0.8 ohm coil which isn't to bad and it's a nice small device and if you take the bung out you get around 4ml of juice in it or just buy the 4ml pod lol

Screenshot_20240926_195742_Google.jpg

How about a orion 2 it's like a pod system but you can change the couls out and you can get a 0.8 ohm coil which isn't to bad and it's a nice small device and if you take the bung out you get around 4ml of juice in it or just buy the 4ml pod lol

View attachment 357595
I want one of these for when I'm on nights out with the rba. They look so smart.

Back
Top Bottom