What's new

New box to replace the Kanger 160

Eilchner

Initiate
Hi,

I got on the squonking waggon a couple of months ago with the Kanger and added a Peerless to it not so long ago. I'm definitely enjoying it so far, but the size is a major con for everyday use. I was thinking about getting a single battery mod for everyday usage (pairing it with the Wasp Nano) and leaving the Kanger + Peerless combo for home usage.

I have no idea what to get. My budget is around £60-70. I don't mind if it's regulated or mech and I don't mind ordering from Fasttech. I usually vape at around 60-65 W, so the Pico is a bit too weak. From what I've seen, my options are the Stentorian Ram or VT Inbox. I've also considered getting a Frankenskull and Icarus clone and modding the insides, but I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle.

One more thing- I've also been considering the Gorge RDA instead of the Wasp. Which one is better flavour-wise?

Many thanks for your help

Hi,

I got on the squonking waggon a couple of months ago with the Kanger and added a Peerless to it not so long ago. I'm definitely enjoying it so far, but the size is a major con for everyday use. I was thinking about getting a single battery mod for everyday usage (pairing it with the Wasp Nano) and leaving the Kanger + Peerless combo for home usage.

I have no idea what to get. My budget is around £60-70. I don't mind if it's regulated or mech and I don't mind ordering from Fasttech. I usually vape at around 60-65 W, so the Pico is a bit too weak. From what I've seen, my options are the Stentorian Ram or VT Inbox. I've also considered getting a Frankenskull and Icarus clone and modding the insides, but I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle.

One more thing- I've also been considering the Gorge RDA instead of the Wasp. Which one is better flavour-wise?

Many thanks for your help
Between the gorge and wasp I'd definitely go for the hadaly. Lol. No both are good. May be worth adjusting to a lower wattage for a single cell mod. All the pre mentioned rda' s can work tremendously around 30-40w due to the single coil.
I picked up my inbox from fastech for around £60. Very light and easy to carry. No leak issues plus its powered by the DNA chip.

Between the gorge and wasp I'd definitely go for the hadaly. Lol. No both are good. May be worth adjusting to a lower wattage for a single cell mod. All the pre mentioned rda' s can work tremendously around 30-40w due to the single coil.
I picked up my inbox from fastech for around £60. Very light and easy to carry. No leak issues plus its powered by the DNA chip.
The Inbox is a no-brainer for me, but I can't force myself to like the looks of it. Only the red one kinda appeals to me, but it's still a bit on the ugly side, where the Ram looks gorgeous for me.
It's a shame that the Ram is quite new and there isn't a lot of opinions on it floating around.

I'm in exactly the same predicament, though I have included the brass coppervape as another option rda wise though would stick with the hadaly, I love squonking, the only downside for me is the lack of pocket friendly dual battery mods, I don't do temp control, which from what I've heard dna devices are more specifically for, as you say the stentorian is relatively new and untested, but nice looking, I prefer the non wood ones myself! Always liked the coppervape, if you like mech? I have a wraith and a pico too which are great 1 cell boxes, but want something a bit sexier that doesn't cost an arm and a leg ;) would an inbox still be a good option if temp control is not used? Are the coppervapes actually any good?

Like the coppervape only downside the brass one weighs a tonne so would say go for the aluminium and ss one

Any of the coppervapes are good I have the stainless steel and brass but I prefer the brass. For my builds the squeeze is good too.

I'm really tempted to get the green resin Ram.. Only downside I've found so far is that the 510 is glued to the box instead of screwed.

Also, does the Coppervape take regular squonk bottles? I was thinking about getting supersofts from Fasttech

Last edited:
If you go for the wotofo ram double check it's not one of the one's that can auto fire when in a pocket, i do believe wotofo have resolved the issue however there may still be a few in cirulation in store's.
As for you choice of atty i would second the Wasp nano its great for flavour and well suited for squonking, i cant advise on the gorge is i dont own one.
If you dont mind a little DIY when it comes to your squonk mod then why not head over to Shapeways and have one of them print you off a body, door etc and then get the MM 510, sqounk bottle and 510 washer. Cooper strips can be had from Ebay at fairly reasonably prices also.

Back
Top Bottom