What's new

New build in DJV RDA...

ScottishDuck13

Postman
Turned out wayyy better than I expected!

Was in a tinkering mood today and just realised that I had never actually built a parallel coil, I was also still not getting the wicking right in this DJV RDA cause of the posts and airflow pipes, it just kept making a wall so dripping only let me do like 3 drips before it almost spilled into the pipes.

So I decided to try something different and built dual parallel 26guage kanthal, 3mm dia coming out at 0.23ohm, but with the wicking I used 1 full length strip of cotton bacon and put it through 1 coil, then under and round the inside of one post. then up through the other coil and down and round the inside of the 2nd post, kind of like a figure 8 but without crossing over. Now I can drip right onto the middle and it evenly feeds round into each coil from both sides.

Not sure how easy it is to see what I mean in the pic...

parabuild.jpg

I wasn't really sure how it would turn out but holy crap, even just at 80w it was more flavourful than any other build I can remember doing and threw out clouds like I haven't done for ages.

Seriously enjoying this, would highly recommend to anyone that has a gap between their center posts like in the DJV.

Sounds like a good idea. I had grown sick of my drippers with underneath air flow but might give this a go, is the idea that you are dripping straight on to the wick in the centre or you are creating another juice well with the wick?

Sounds like a good idea. I had grown sick of my drippers with underneath air flow but might give this a go, is the idea that you are dripping straight on to the wick in the centre or you are creating another juice well with the wick?

I've been dripping straight onto the center so far, but theres so much cotton that i just take the topcap off and soak the whole thing, lasts ages and just dripping on to topup.

I did consider poking a little hole right in the middle and sticking the squonk pin in so i can just squonk a little to top up.

Because I wasnt expecting it to be this good that i used one of my juices that i thought was meh and the flavour im getting is incredible!

This is the best way I can show the cotton direction... so in the center is like a )( shape so the juice should flow evenly to all 4 sides...

parabuild.jpg

Only thing I'd maybe change is I folded the cotton down into each corner as i passed... cant decide if having more cotton is better or if will mean the juice has too far to travel.

Once this wick needs a change I might try just coming straight out the coils and through the center without the fold, see what works better.

Back
Top Bottom