What's new

New Royal Mail Regulations Article (And a wee comic!)

MrKraken

Premium Vendor
As many people have discovered, Royal Mail are catching up with international shipping policies and implimenting them for domestic post. What does this mean to our industry? A gigantic pain in the arse, that's what it means. As with any new royal mail policy change it's as clear as mud and many people add their own thoughts and opinions. What i have done is asked all 3 post offices in Abergavenny (one of which being the sorting office) differently phrased questions and they have all given the same response. This has then been clarified over the phone.

You will no longer, under any circumstances be able to post:

• Nicotine - As it is a toxic liquid
  • Loose lithium ion batteries due to safety concerns. They can be shipped WITH a device, provided they are secured and not able to be punctured/damaged, however no more than 2 batteries can be in one parcel.
As of 15/07/13 anyone posting parcels will be asked what it contains to check wether it is in line with the new regulations. All main distrubution centers will have "airport" x-ray scanners (not spectrometers...i'm told...) and if any package looks suspiscious then it will be opened. If the contents are in breach of the new regulations then the item will be destroyed and the sender will receive up to £3000 fine.
Continue Reading....

And just because I've spent the day looking at alternative couriers, a little comic ;)

proofofpostage.png

Last edited:
So this is a Europe thing ...

Im fairly certain other EU countries can post this shit ...

man the EU ... its retarded

Doesnt opening the mail breech some ancient law of the post being under royal protection or something ?

Been reading lots on this subject...
That's why they are now going to use x-ray machines and only open if 'suspicious', unfortunately law is on their side in that case :(

Doesnt opening the mail breech some ancient law of the post being under royal protection or something ?
There is (Postal Services Act 2000) but I'm guessing lots of exceptions for postal services

Offences of interfering with the mail

83 Interfering with the mail: postal operators.

(1)A person who is engaged in the business of a postal operator commits an offence if, contrary to his duty and without reasonable excuse, he—
(a)intentionally delays or opens a postal packet in the course of its transmission by post, or
(b)intentionally opens a mail-bag.
(2)Subsection (1) does not apply to the delaying or opening of a postal packet or the opening of a mail-bag under the authority of—
(a)this Act or any other enactment (including, in particular, in pursuance of a warrant issued under any other enactment), or
(b)any directly applicable Community provision.
(3)Subsection (1) does not apply to the delaying or opening of a postal packet in accordance with any terms and conditions applicable to its transmission by post.
(4)Subsection (1) does not apply to the delaying of a postal packet as a result of industrial action in contemplation or furtherance of a trade dispute.
(5)In subsection (4) “trade dispute” has the meaning given by section 244 of the M1Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992 or Article 127 of the M2Trade Union and Labour Relations (Northern Ireland) Order 1995; and the reference to industrial action shall be construed in accordance with that Act or (as the case may be) that Order.
(6)A person who commits an offence under subsection (1) shall be liable—
(a)on summary conviction, to a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to both,
(b)on conviction on indictment, to a fine or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years or to both.

jesus ...

this continent is going to the dogs man ...

1984 or what

So this is a Europe thing ...

Im fairly certain other EU countries can post this shit ...

man the EU ... its retarded

My humble apple bogies! I meant to put international *slap*

Any carrier can open a suspicious package we do it all the time especially after x raying the package that was declared as books for example and it shows the books are full of fags ! We x ray all shipments that are to be exported for Hazardous items , explosives and miss declared items so opening shipments that are suspicious is everyday practice. I am sure the RM will do the same.

Steve

But will that still be the case when it's privatised I wonder?

Back
Top Bottom