What's new

LiQuid new t&c : things are a changing

I think what we are looking at here is what i like to call 'the elephant in the room' . New laws will continue to be implemented. The new tpd is already passed & as we know it comes into play next year. We can't just imagine though that we can go to sleep one night & then the next day everything will be a different process, it's just not gonna happen overnight.
Put simply (& i've been saying this for ages) , The only vendors who will be trading after the Art20 date commences are the ones who are preparing now. The rest will be waving their little hands goodbye. They have been given notice i think it's fair to say.

Somebody tell me i'm wrong :6:

Well the horse has bolted already

2. Something million vapers did not sign a single petition

Those that didn't don't cry about it when you discover that horse is now lost.

Yeah I signed what petitions I saw posted,my horse maybe lost but at least I tried to help shut that door.

Has anyone actually read the E-mail properly?

They point out that although SOME companys are asking for Passport images or driving licences etc, they will NOT be doing that, Instead they say...

"We are going to be using a global age verification company that performs a search through a secure network to verify your identity. This search is instant and uses information from various sources, such as the electoral roll register, birth index data, GB driving licences and credit activity data, to verify your age".

They then point out that your details need to be correct - said details being the usual Billing address (The address you get bills at), Your Proper name - So Put Steven Baker not Steve Baker, and they want your Date of birth...

I hardly find that onerous or even unusual, Quite possibly they will include Paypal or CC verification at a later point but for now this is likely the most efficient solution

So for everyone saying they'll never buy from them again, you better get used to mixing your own as this is going to become universal, although not many companies will send out notifications, and half the time you'll likely not notice anything out of the ordinary beyond possibly being required to enter you date of birth...

It certainly doesn't bother me I will use them now and in the future.

If the age verification process fazed me in anyway I'd get members of my family to do it :18:

They point out that although SOME companys are asking for Passport images or driving licences etc, they will NOT be doing that, Instead they say...

Given that you have said "anyone" - I take it you are including me, as I've replied. So here we go...

I read it PROPERLY. That's why I said that name and date of birth is no biggie for me. Providing copies of documents that are commonly used for fraudulent purposes are a no-no for me. I didn't mean it in the context of the checks LiQuid are introducing. I completely understood that the company wouldn't be going down that route.

I hope that clarifies MY position for you. :)

Given that you have said "anyone" - I take it you are including me, as I've replied. So here we go...

I read it PROPERLY. That's why I said that name and date of birth is no biggie for me. Providing copies of documents that are commonly used for fraudulent purposes are a no-no for me. I didn't mean it in the context of the checks LiQuid are introducing. I completely understood that the company wouldn't be going down that route.

I hope that clarifies MY position for you. :)

And here's part of the problem here,people need to justify here what they've posted.This is not sticking together but ripping people apart...please bring back the poll tax days oh what fun we had then when everyone stuck together ;)

I don't think there's any danger of the vaping community not sticking together. Seems pretty unanimous worlwide that we would like to vape freely, not bother anyone else & not get charged extortionate amounts for our activity etc etc..

Still doesn't change the fact that the tpd was agreed on & passed donkeys years ago & that our own Gov' have to make legal changes & adjustments in time for next June. Vendors will be legally obliged to fall in line or not trade & there's no amount of vapers in the world who will change the impending regs.

Fwiw, i approve of this move anyway, the 18+ law is a good guideline. Anyone with kids who vape can still use their own discretion ;).....& we've known for ages this would be happening anyway. It's not about LiQuid, it's about new regs.

And here's part of the problem here,people need to justify here what they've posted.This is not sticking together but ripping people apart...please bring back the poll tax days oh what fun we had then when everyone stuck together ;)

Oh God NO! :D

Please don't think that I am splitting apart from anyone. When I reply to stuff it usually takes a while once I've read it, edited it and finally posted it. There are usually six replies posted by the time I actually hit the submit button. Also, I sometimes sound as though I'm saying one thing when I am, in fact, trying to say something else. :)

I thought I had made the distinction between LiQuid and others who may be asking for documents I would be very guarded against providing copies. I think I may have muddied the waters.

Anyway - the only liquids I buy are concentrates and make my own juices - so with hindsight, maybe I should have just kept out of the debate. :D

It's all good! :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom