What's new

New to dripping, quite pleased!

Vaping Biker

Postman
So after having plenty of fun with various tanks (mini nautilus being a constant favourite), and the serious upgrade to a SMOK BEC PRO mod, I figured I had to get into dripping - well it would have been rude not to!

I picked up a cheapy single coil dripper, and the first coil was crap, second came out at 2 ohms, but third came out at 1.4 ohms, pretty happy with that...

But, after having a play, it was time to upgrade to a dual coil. Norwich has just had a new SmokShop open, and the chaps in there are very helpful. 12.99 got me an IGO-W and coiled it for me, and showed me how to make a twisted coil. Tonight, I had my first go at a sleeper....

This is running at 0.4 ohms, I've had to have a little squeeze to bring the coils together but I'm pretty pleased with the result vaping a 80/20 vg/pg custom mix from Avant Garde juices running at 30W.

Now is a bit of a bugger though, I want more more more!!! LOL

Did the Igo w come with the air holes pre drilled? Mine came with pin pricks for an air holes.. I drilled them to 1.5mm and it performed well. I abused this dripper with very low resistance and it took it without a problem.

I've passed it on to another vaper now and I bet it's still performing :) it's a good little cheap dripper.

Dripping is awesome I vaped for a year and always thought "can't be arsed to drip every ten min and carry a bottle of juice withe every where" I started dripping September 3rd this year and haven't gone back to a Tank yet I couldn't I need the vaper production my missus uses protanks I had a go after rewicking it and took it apart again cos I was convinced it wasn't working properly lol. I started out at .4 and thought that was to much lol I now vape at .12-.18 lol and like your self want more every one should try dripping atleast once even if not sub ohming because like I said dripping is awesome lol sorry for the rant:D:D:D

Did the Igo w come with the air holes pre drilled? Mine came with pin pricks for an air holes.. I drilled them to 1.5mm and it performed well. I abused this dripper with very low resistance and it took it without a problem.

I've passed it on to another vaper now and I bet it's still performing :) it's a good little cheap dripper.

I think it came with one hole each side around 1.8mm, expanded them to 2mm and then doubled the holes :)

Can someone tell me the benefit of going from something like the dripper I've got to something like a Mutation X RDA? they seem to be popular on youtube, but I can't wrap my head around why it's any better.
Clearly it's got about half a million air holes, but, I can't see how you get much more flow than what I've got now, and it's still only got three poles in there.

Any ideas?

Can someone tell me the benefit of going from something like the dripper I've got to something like a Mutation X RDA? they seem to be popular on youtube, but I can't wrap my head around why it's any better.
Clearly it's got about half a million air holes, but, I can't see how you get much more flow than what I've got now, and it's still only got three poles in there.

Any ideas?

Deeper well, bigger clouds etc etc. You would be stunned about how airy some drippers are, I was when I came off of things like the Magma.

Deeper well, bigger clouds etc etc. You would be stunned about how airy some drippers are, I was when I came off of things like the Magma.

Cheers for the answer :) I think I'm going to have to get one or find someone flogging one they're bored with and see the difference.
Mind you the mutation x is cheap enough.

What about things like foggers or tugboats that have a bit of a tank as well, any good or is it best to stick with a dripper?

Cheers for the answer :) I think I'm going to have to get one or find someone flogging one they're bored with and see the difference.
Mind you the mutation x is cheap enough.

What about things like foggers or tugboats that have a bit of a tank as well, any good or is it best to stick with a dripper?

Tugboat isn't a tank, Fogger is a tank.

Tanks are often called RTA's, drippers are called RDA's. Both have their merits, just depends what you like really.

ahhhh OK, that's what googling at 2am last night does to you LOL

I guess it still all goes back to understanding how they work, there's only so much air flow that can be created, so still trying to wrap my head around what's what and make the right choice to upgrade from the IGO-W

The IGO-W was the first dripper that i got as well (gave it a 2mm holes makeover), nowadays it sits quietly at the back of the vape stash but every now and again i get it out to try diy juices. The thing doesn't moan or piss about but just gets on with the job without fuss. Everytime i use it i think to myself "Wow, i forgot how good this thing was". The Tugboat is a good workhorse and had good airflow out of the box, nice range of colours as well if that's your thing ;)

Back
Top Bottom