What's new

New to dripping - Sweet lord its good

wastedyears1981

Postman
Bought a RX200 mod, and had a decent Sub Ohm tank. But went and bit the bullet and went for a RDA.

Cannot believe the difference. Its immense. And is it just my weirdness or does anyone else find making coils therapeutic. Big shout out to the dude at Vapourized in Castleford. Spent a good bit of his time giving me and my bro a quick demo in building.

Do any of you seasoned builders have any decent tips on making coils ect?

anything to do with coils the resident guru is @cloudcuckoo He sells ready made amazing coils to pop in yout RDA but will advise you as well...

Welcome to the dark side......

Let me know how therapeutic you find coil building when you first start making Claptons! :banghead:

Keep practicing, find that one or two standard builds that you can knock off with your eyes closed, then start watching Twisted Messes and his coil tomfoolery.

Indeed anything you need just shout bud, nowt about coiling need be a mystery. Theres no black magic involved.

The more complex a coil gets the more little tricks there are to get around challenges, a few little things that can help on any build / install are.

-always if possible pop your high leg into the negative post, gives you more wicking room and makes centralising the coil a little easier.

-on a deck with 4 post holes, as you look at it mentally label the holes 1,2,3 and 4. Use holes 1&3 as a pair and 2&4 as a pair. Keeps the install easy/balanced.

-if you fail at a coil, keep it but have another go straight away. I gaurantee your second attempt will be an imrpovement - 'i'm getting no better at this' soon gets debunked.

-when wrapping let go of the wire at 6 o'clock and 12 o'clock, stops the wire getting twisted. Also don't try and fight the wire just wrap it slow and steady, it'll do what you want - no need to pull and tug at it.

Theres plenty of folk on here who build great stuff, for most part they'll share any info you ask.

@city461 , guru? Really? Do i get a flying carpet - i'd love that !!

Indeed anything you need just shout bud, nowt about coiling need be a mystery. Theres no black magic involved.

The more complex a coil gets the more little tricks there are to get around challenges, a few little things that can help on any build / install are.

-always if possible pop your high leg into the negative post, gives you more wicking room and makes centralising the coil a little easier.

-on a deck with 4 post holes, as you look at it mentally label the holes 1,2,3 and 4. Use holes 1&3 as a pair and 2&4 as a pair. Keeps the install easy/balanced.

-if you fail at a coil, keep it but have another go straight away. I gaurantee your second attempt will be an imrpovement - 'i'm getting no better at this' soon gets debunked.

-when wrapping let go of the wire at 6 o'clock and 12 o'clock, stops the wire getting twisted. Also don't try and fight the wire just wrap it slow and steady, it'll do what you want - no need to pull and tug at it.

Theres plenty of folk on here who build great stuff, for most part they'll share any info you ask.

@city461 , guru? Really? Do i get a flying carpet - i'd love that !!

Well i didnt know about the high leg. Was told that one goes to the middle. (3 post holes)

Think i'll just get used to the simple basics first before I start on coil wizardry.

Dripping is the best for flavour, for the life of me I can't use tanks! Practice, practice and practice. You'll find different gauge wires and coil diameters change the vape, buy a few small reels of different gauges and experiment. Building coils is my go to relaxer [emoji1317]

Back
Top Bottom