What's new

New To Vaping & Looking For Advice

Thank you guys. I will check out all your recommendations, The Aspire and Nautilus are ones that keep coming up on my searches so I will probably look at one of those two. Its just a case of finding the whole setup. Thanks again

I started with the 1.8 ohm, but tried the 0.7 which helped give me a bit more flavour. Now My taste buds have improved a little I've gone back to the 1.8's in most of the tanks for the main reason of the battery lasting longer with using lower watts.
I also recently bought a coolfire 100 tc as a second battery but also it also allows me to try DTL. I'm not comfortable sounding like a vacuum cleaner, and I wasn't seeing that much improvement in flavour. DTL isn't working for me right now, but I have that option still.
If you're anything like me after having smoking for so long, your biggest problem will probably be flavours.
But I would recommend not having a back up pack of ciggies kicking about. It's easier to stick to vaping when that's all you have to turn to for your cravings. It took me a while to not think ciggies during my cravings, but vaping did cure it every time, even if the flavour was garbage

I`ve been vaping over 3 years after smoking heavily & I`m a MTL vaper. I haven`t found anything better than the Naturevape Mini Pro. Another good one is the Smok Trophy V2 from Heaven Gifts. They are $8.50 each & come with 3 coils which you can rewick same as NV ones. Coils last for months if cared for.
When they do burn out I replace them with pre wired coils from FT. I haven`t bought any tanks for about a year & no coils for 7 months so makes it cheap. Also, the liquid consumption is very low. I go through about 4ml a day.
I find the smok trophy v2 coils from heavens gifts impossible to re-wick, any advice on how to do so properly mate?

I went from MTL to DTL in and around the 5 month mark! Perhaps it was because at the time, I felt I was able to do 'less' with the MTL devices; higher resistances etc, and the options for DTL were better such as RDA's, Subohm vaping, etc... it was a bit more exciting. This might have totally changed in this climate of hardware saturated market.

Terminology will come with time, you will understand the more you get into vaping. Generally, the lower the value of ohms, the more suited to DTL vaping... but that's a big generalisation! 1 Ohm, as already said, would be fine for MTL, even as high as 1.2 might also be OK for you.

Regardless what anyone here recommends, the answer is usually always - 'Do whatever it takes, and purchase whatever you need to STOP smoking.' - I guarantee you will find something somewhere that suits what you like, including eJuice!

Have you gone to a 'proper' vaping shop? (not a national one hat sells the stick ecigs with crappy ejuice etc), but a locally owned one staff who are enthusiasts with a load of devices you could try out and recommend?

All the advice above is solid and the zelos kit you're looking at is a great starter for someone like yourself who's been a heavy smoker. The MTL aspect is much more like smoking than dtl and the nautilus tank gives a decent flavour.

As for dtl tanks, you'll find if you try it that it's a bit like toking on a bong. You just suck it right up without taking the vapour into your mouth. I was a heavy weed smoker for about 20 years so found it a better way to vape but hey, everybody's different.

Just experiment and find what's best for you mate. You'll know when you find it.

I find the smok trophy v2 coils from heavens gifts impossible to re-wick, any advice on how to do so properly mate?
I do it same as video on NV site. Might need more of a point to start with & compress a bit more as you feed cotton through.

Back
Top Bottom