What's new

Nitecore SC2 Charger Anybody got one ?

I’ve got a Xstar VC4 inc the fast charging plug (used others with the same results)but it’s hellish temperamental depending on its mood it’ll change from 1amp to .2 amp charging irrelevant to age and size of batteries, it’s also a replacement from one that went faulty in August which xstar replaced.

I might just have another duff charger tbh

upload_2021-12-22_9-6-24.png

I’ve got a Xstar VC4 inc the fast charging plug (used others with the same results)but it’s hellish temperamental depending on its mood it’ll change from 1amp to .2 amp charging irrelevant to age and size of batteries, it’s also a replacement from one that went faulty in August which xstar replaced.

I see @hack400 has already answered the question, but my VC4SL does similar. I.e. if i have 4 cells charging, it will do them all at 1A. When 2 of the 4 cells reach full charge, it will switch the remaining 2 cells from 1A to 2A charging as there is more available input current.

Since Xtar replaced one for you, i'd say thats pretty good going and gives reassurance there is support available should things go wrong.

I went from a Nitecore D2, to the Xtar. Can't fault it.

Have the vc4 and experience that sometimes too, more so with older cells, generally ill take the cell out and put it in the other slot or just reseat it, sometimes it can also do with the USB cable, revolve that slightly in the charger end and sorts it sometimes too, ive just recently got 4 new 21700 cells and charged them in the outer slots and all of them have and still are charging at 1A straight away so I'm sure its to do with the cells rather than the charger tbh, another thing to keep an eye on when you put them in the charger, and it starts charging at 1A, just keep an eye on it for a couple of seconds as sometimes it will drop down to a lower rate after a couple of seconds, if you charge 4 cells at same time all will charge at 0.5A either way

I see @hack400 has already answered the question, but my VC4SL does similar. I.e. if i have 4 cells charging, it will do them all at 1A. When 2 of the 4 cells reach full charge, it will switch the remaining 2 cells from 1A to 2A charging as there is more available input current.

Since Xtar replaced one for you, i'd say thats pretty good going and gives reassurance there is support available should things go wrong.

I went from a Nitecore D2, to the Xtar. Can't fault it.

The VC4 is slightly less adaptable than the VC4S/SL in that as soon as you use channel 2 or 3 it drops to 0.5V, even if you only have 2 batteries [unless that's just a translation issue]. The VC4S/SL doesn't care which channel(s) are used, just the number of cells.

The VC4 is slightly less adaptable than the VC4S/SL in that as soon as you use channel 2 or 3 it drops to 0.5V, even if you only have 2 batteries [unless that's just a translation issue]. The VC4S/SL doesn't care which channel(s) are used, just the number of cells.
Understood, but i said you'd already answered that at the beginning of the post ;)

I have the xtar X4, connects to mains without the need of a seperate transformer/usb connection. It works fine, i've had no issues with it and dosn't get hot. Also available from fogstar :2thumbsup:

The sliding contacts have no environmental protection and the surfaces get contaminated (with airborne moisture and dust) easily.

Try pulling the sliding contact fully open and letting it close before inserting cells.
Tbf not tried that I’ll give them a few slides to see if it’s dirty contacts

Back
Top Bottom