What's new

now they're even discussing making beer gardens off ilimts to smokers

I'm sure you'd have got a politer response in the old angel :D

ahh .. you know the old angel?

this was in .. jesus I forget what its called now .. used to be an awesome pub called Faggins ... think its the horn or speak easy or something now .. round the corner from rock city

And of course smokers have the right to smoke - in their home, in their car and in designated smoking areas. They don't have the right to lob their smoke into the faces and lungs of others in areas for the general public. I have absolutely no problem with beer gardens being put off-limits to them.

...but then that's because I'm a gay fish. :D

KANYE%20WEST%20GAY%20FISH%202.JPG

I do .. there is vegatable rights for peace and thats fine .. trouble is ... swing too far to the left .. and it all gets a bit totalitarian .. and you end up back at the far right .. this is in fact what I think is happening to the country.

ahh .. you know the old angel?

this was in .. jesus I forget what its called now .. used to be an awesome pub called Faggins ... think its the horn or speak easy or something now .. round the corner from rock city

Not wildly knowledgeable but been to the angel a time or 3, same as Rock City, and The Tap and Tumbler. Anywhere else, we tended to just fall in, so didn't really notice the names :D

There's an alternative dive in Northampton called the Racehorse. It used to hold my personal record for world's worst pub khazi...... then I visited the Angel! What a thing of beauty they were :D

The Angels bogs are somewhat ... minging ... and always have been :) I much prefer the tap n tumbler .. which is my "pub before the club" local.

The Sal is also a good pub .. and where we are holding saturdays vape meet :)

Is nobody else getting fed up with the Fucking gay whales against racism namby pamby liberal daily Mail reading lycra wearing cycling vegetarian animal loving tea total 3 bed semi in guildford wankers getting on the case on every thing they dont like!!! For Fuck sake get a life and leave others alone, If they want to kill themselves thats OK if they want to have a fun thats OK too so long as it is not disturbing your fucking fairy bubble GO AWAY.

I'll get my coat

Do you know what? These people used to bother me, but not any more. What bothers me now is the apparent shift in the balance of power to their way of thinking. Do you remember when we used to laugh at them? Points of View ran for years, and all so we could chuckle at "Angry from Godalming", but now there's no need for Points of View because they are everywhere, sticking their beaks into the minutiae of our lives. And the scary thing is, these days they seem to hold positions of power and responsibility.

Signed

Worried from Essex

Do you know what? These people used to bother me, but not any more. What bothers me now is the apparent shift in the balance of power to their way of thinking. Do you remember when we used to laugh at them? Points of View ran for years, and all so we could chuckle at "Angry from Godalming", but now there's no need for Points of View because they are everywhere, sticking their beaks into the minutiae of our lives. And the scary thing is, these days they seem to hold positions of power and responsibility.

Signed

Worried from Essex

+several thousand

The article clearly states "In the UK, however, there appears to be little prospect of restrictions being tightened for the time being."

I love the Daily Mash! Surprised there wasn't a quote in there from Professor Brubaker of the Institute of Studies :D

Back
Top Bottom